Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RXPX water strainer install!!!

Had a member asking about it so though I'd make a post for others.

So for the install I bought..

1- extra 90 that fits in the strainer (riva only supplies one)
    2 - 3/4 Dayco heater hose with a pre formed 90 #80417
    1 - 3/4 90 joiner
    2 - stainless nut and bolts with washers

I removed the main line from the pump and installed 90 joiner to the hose and then the 90 hose up to the strainer. The second hose runs from the pump tunnel fitting to the strainer. Pics aren't the best but the 90 joiner sits right under the bailer tubs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170406_182942.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	410471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170406_191020.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	410472  

Thank you for posting this info.

+1
    No way to prove it but I feel this is why my Riva Gen3 IC has lasted over 300hrs without a single issue. Same strainer.

They make two screens, stainless (shown) and plastic. The plastic is ideal for salt use but it allows thicker particles through. I use the stainless filter with fine mesh.

TIP: If you always unscrew cup, I highly suggest you change unit once a year. I had mine explode from on/off stress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6470.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	410483  

+1
    Never seen one break like that. Never had an issue with my previous one and it was on and off all the time. Mine probably sees more crap than most , Sandy shallow water and surrounded by marsh and wet lands so lots and lots of weeds.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    No way to prove it but I feel this is why my Riva Gen3 IC has lasted over 300hrs without a single issue. Same strainer.

They make two screens, stainless (shown) and plastic. The plastic is ideal for salt use but it allows thicker particles through. I use the stainless filter with fine mesh.

TIP: If you always unscrew cup, I highly suggest you change unit once a year. I had mine explode from on/off stress.
    How much stuff do you actually get in your strainer? I'm still trying to justify not using one even though I'm using one in my turbo ski....I just know it will explode one day with my luck.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    How much stuff do you actually get in your strainer? I'm still trying to justify not using one even though I'm using one in my turbo ski....I just know it will explode one day with my luck.
    I rarely get anything in there but I remove and clean after every ride. And thats with using the fine mesh screen.

The stock seadoo pump filters out a good amount with its plastic screen at the pump. But if you run aftermarket pump, I think it will be dramatic in term of what a strainer will catch.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    All depends on where you ride, I've had mine completely plug up within 100m after powering up out my channel.

Getting mine installed tomorrow, did you remove the pump-main line from the split-fitting, extend the hose and run it through the strainer and then run the line back down to the same split-fitting? (See picture, the line with the blue dot is the one im talking about, the same line is connected to the fitting im also talking about)

If not, which line did you use? Noticed the main line was bigger than the 3/4 fitting included in the kit and i don't want to restrict the flow
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2665.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	410834

+1
    Yup that what I did. The hose you pictured with the blue dot, I shortened it on the 3/4 side to make room for the 3/4 90. It a really tight fit there.

+1
    Not the best quality but if you look closely at the 2nd pic you can make out the line coming down with a pre formed 90 that connects to the 90 joiner, it's grey and sits right under the bailer tubes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information