Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    thereal853's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    28
    +1
    5

    Cam question for 300

    I'm going to be doing the cam upgrade in the next week or 2 ...do I do the retainers at the same time ? With the cam , am I increasing the rpm via the tune or will it "naturally" increase the rpm ? Do I do the retainers at the same time for cheap insurance ?


    Currently , I've got prop, Intake , imuk , and tune . Rxpx 300


  2. #2
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,540
    +1
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by thereal853 View Post
    I'm going to be doing the cam upgrade in the next week or 2 ...do I do the retainers at the same time ? With the cam , am I increasing the rpm via the tune or will it "naturally" increase the rpm ? Do I do the retainers at the same time for cheap insurance ?
    The retainers no longer become an option when doing a cam. It's mandatory!

    You should gain between 300-400rpm and will need to adjust tune. You didn't mention what tune you have now so...

    BTW: What prop you have?

  3. #3
    thereal853's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    28
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    The retainers no longer become an option when doing a cam. It's mandatory!

    You should gain between 300-400rpm and will need to adjust tune. You didn't mention what tune you have now so...

    BTW: What prop you have?
    Roger that

    solas 13 18

  4. #4
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,164
    +1
    168
    IMO stay away from Solas props for the 300 they have a bad track record. Also you should add flywheel bolts to your list.

  5. #5
    DooX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    S.W. Ontario
    Posts
    271
    +1
    7
    Does this riva cam for the 300 sound different than stock at idle? Is it lumpy?

  6. #6
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,540
    +1
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by DooX View Post
    Does this riva cam for the 300 sound different than stock at idle? Is it lumpy?
    A properly designed cam for SC skis shouldn't be "lumpy" really. Only ones that I've seen like that are CRT cams but I honestly believe they designed it with overlap just to impress those that aren't aware.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    905
    +1
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by thereal853 View Post

    Currently , I've got prop, Intake , imuk , and tune . Rxpx 300
    What's an IMUK??? I'm not into tuning but I like to follow the builds on here and I just can't figure out what this acronym means.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,096
    +1
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    What's an IMUK??? I'm not into tuning but I like to follow the builds on here and I just can't figure out what this acronym means.
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...29qhi5iemqcoi5

  9. +1 by:


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Boost questions for Jerry..........
    By SKR8PN in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 08:35 AM
  2. Cold air intake questions for the brain trust........
    By SKR8PN in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2005, 05:21 PM
  3. Question for the resident computer gurus.
    By BertInTexas in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 04:24 AM
  4. Question for Jerry..
    By Therock in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
  5. Question for the Hulk
    By Therock in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 07:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •