Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Cocoa, FL
    Posts
    28
    +1
    2

    Carb Rebuild Questions

    I have a 2000 Yamaha SUV that sat for about 7 years. I did a engine rebuild and now its time for the carbs. I have been looking around and it seems that original Mikuni is a bit pricey. I have seen there are a few aftermarket one and I am wanting your thoughts on them. I see that SBT sells a set as well as Winderosa, some eagle brand, WSM, and no name ones. Any suggestions? I know most will say OEM but unless you know of a cheaper supply I cant got that route.


  2. #2
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,864
    +1
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingeld View Post
    I have a 2000 Yamaha SUV that sat for about 7 years. I did a engine rebuild and now its time for the carbs. I have been looking around and it seems that original Mikuni is a bit pricey. I have seen there are a few aftermarket one and I am wanting your thoughts on them. I see that SBT sells a set as well as Winderosa, some eagle brand, WSM, and no name ones. Any suggestions? I know most will say OEM but unless you know of a cheaper supply I cant got that route.
    Ive used the Winderosa with good luck as a cheaper alternative

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    ncdoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    1,636
    +1
    175
    Stick with OEM Mikuni, You pay a little more now, but it will pay off in the long run.

  5. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    hopewell,Va.
    Posts
    140
    what kind of shape are your old carbs? too corroded to rebuild?

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Cocoa, FL
    Posts
    28
    +1
    2
    The carbs are in good shape. I took them apart and clean them up real well. I went to a local PWC Parts Supply to get rebuild kits for the carburetors. They had one mikuni kit and two winderosa kits. The head Parts guy told me that there wouldn't be a problem mixing the two different manufacturer kits. But I am starting to have a bit of doubt.

  7. #6
    Myself's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Central Arkansas
    Posts
    3,194
    +1
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Ive used the Winderosa with good luck as a cheaper alternative
    I'll second this. I've used a bunch of them with good results. The newer kits also come with thick anti siphon valves so there's no need to double up.

  8. #7
    ncdoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    1,636
    +1
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    I'll second this. I've used a bunch of them with good results. The newer kits also come with thick anti siphon valves so there's no need to double up.
    Disagree, just look at difference in the OEM kit and the aftermarket, that's should be enough to convince you.

  9. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Cocoa, FL
    Posts
    28
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Ive used the Winderosa with good luck as a cheaper alternative
    Think it will be a issue using a Mikuni kit on one carb and winderosa on the other two ?
    Last edited by Ingeld; 04-11-2017 at 11:26 PM.

  10. #9
    II rebuild with WSM kits. They are very good and have no issues.

  11. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Panama city
    Posts
    311
    +1
    23
    I would follow WFO advice, I have not seen him wrong yet and he rebuilds them for a living.....but I would use the same brand on all three carbs.loo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 95 sl 750 carb rebuild question
    By stuby in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 09:53 PM
  2. carb rebuild question
    By BiXLL in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 11:15 PM
  3. Carb rebuild question
    By mlidzct in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 08:01 PM
  4. gpr carb rebuild question
    By smitch in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 08:46 AM
  5. Carb Rebuild Question
    By VegasRatt in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •