Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help with 2001 Polaris Genesis fly wheel change

Changed out the original flywheel with a flywheel and stator from the MSX 140. I was told it was an upgrade to the original but the wire harnesses wont marry. Please tell me some one has an idea of what I need to do.

+1
    Welcome to GH! Does your Genesis have carburetors? If so, the flywheel and stator are different from the direct injected versions...

It is direct injection ... so maybe the new flywheel came from one that had a carburetor

+1
    The flywheel doesn't have connectors

Can you post some pictures of the stator harness and your machine harness, to show the connector issue? And did you take any pictures of the flywheel you installed?

having an issue uploading to the thread. Basically, the old stator connector has a 10 pin and the new one has a 9 pin ( new one came from the msx140) ... are you aware of any adapters or ideas of how to remedy this without having to buy a new stator? The flywheels match.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dougiedoug View Post
    having an issue uploading to the thread. Basically, the old stator connector has a 10 pin and the new one has a 9 pin ( new one came from the msx140) ... are you aware of any adapters or ideas of how to remedy this without having to buy a new stator? The flywheels match.
    MSX 140 (which has a Ficht fuel injected engine) does not have any connectors with 9 pins, to my recollection

The stator cable on a Ficht engine has a twelve pin connector with only ten pins used. That would be a Deutsch DT female connector

The three cylinder carb engines with Gen III ignition have a twelve pin Deutsch-M connector, IIRC.

Are they inter changeable? 3 cylinder has 9 wires (as im told)

the guy now working on it is asking if the old harness will work with the new stator. I guess I asked incorrectly, The new one has 10 wires (not pins) and the old one has 9. Are they interchangeable as is??

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    MSX 140 (which has a Ficht fuel injected engine) does not have any connectors with 9 pins, to my recollection

The stator cable on a Ficht engine has a twelve pin connector with only ten pins used. That would be a Deutsch DT female connector

The three cylinder carb engines with Gen III ignition have a twelve pin Deutsch-M connector, IIRC.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    The stator and flywheel for a Polaris Ficht fuel injected engine are not interchangeable, at all, with the Polaris/PVL stator and flywheel for a carburetor engine.

The red carb engines use a completely different ignition system. Different CDI, different stator, different flywheel. None of these parts from a fuel injected Polaris Ficht engine will work on a carb engine.

Pretty sure the Polaris Genesis is fuel injected ... not sure about the MSX140

Both skis were direct injections ... fly wheel matches perfectly .. the only issue is the new stator has 10 wires and the connector doesn't fit. I need to know how I can remedy this. Also if anyone has a diagram for a 2001 genesis 1200 and a MSX 140 I would greatly appreciate it. The colors are even a lot different.

Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    The flywheel doesn't have connectors

Can you post some pictures of the stator harness and your machine harness, to show the connector issue? And did you take any pictures of the flywheel you installed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information