Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    Ah, interesting. How would I test that? I am quite familiar with using a multimeter, I just don't know what pins to check and what resistance to look for. Is the pulser coil part of the stator? Would replacing the stator as a whole also replace that component? Replacing the battery also sounds like a good idea, the battery looks kind of old but it cranks the motor very fast. That being said I plan to replace it anyway as part of maintainence.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelsteel View Post
    Ah, interesting. How would I test that? I am quite familiar with using a multimeter, I just don't know what pins to check and what resistance to look for. Is the pulser coil part of the stator? Would replacing the stator as a whole also replace that component? Replacing the battery also sounds like a good idea, the battery looks kind of old but it cranks the motor very fast. That being said I plan to replace it anyway as part of maintainence.

You set your meter for Ohms and then put yout probes on certain color of wires, make sure you unplug the wires first. The chart below shows the reading you should get across the two colors. Like I said, both my 780 and Polaris Sled ended up being bad pulser coils which is the coil/pickup on the stator that controls spark.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	410535  

+1
    Thanks, I'll check that out. I just ordered a whole used stator for $80 shipped. I'll ohm mine out and see if it checks out. Hopefully it doesn't. I'll keep you guys posted if this fixes the issue!

Quote Originally Posted by shawndak07 View Post
    Excellent help from everyone!! Let us know what ends up fixing your issue.

That battery voltage you posted is way too low 11.8 V is a 35% charged battery. These Polaris jet skis HATE old / dying batteries. Your battery should be 12.6 V. Id recommend a battery charge or new battery. I cant even count how many poor running, no start, cant idle jet skis that have been fixed with a new battery! 14 V is about right for the stator but could be pushing all of its power to a dying battery causing issues.

You may also have something as simple as a fouled spark plug. Start with the cheap stuff and work up!

https://sites.google.com/site/polari...ttery-charging

I'm having a similar issue with both of my 95SLT750 I have rebuilt all 6 carbs between the 2 skies set all the high and low idle screws completely went through every bit of the carbs possible replaced replaced the single output fuel pump with the 3 way output fuel pumps deleted deleted the auto oil injection system and premix my own fuel to about 40 to 1 The plugs were new when I got the skis so I double checked gap and clean them. they idle OK but when you give it throttle One of them dies out almost immediately the other 1 I can feather the throttle just right to get it going the other 1 it will die when you give it throttle if you pull the choke for just a second push it back in and give it throttle it will take off I've adjusted pop off pressure at about 15PSI as i read it needs to be in between 10 to 18PSI Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm about at wits end with these skis

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk Zane.

By pulling on the choke, you are richening up the mixture. And it improving the performance means you're running lean.

You're missing something in your fuel system.

Are the fuel hoses replaced with new reinforced hose?

Is the fuel shut off valve the original?

Did you over torque the hose clamps and distort the hose possibly creating an air leak?

You didn't add an additional in line fuel filter?

Is your pulse hose new and reinforced hose? Is it about, or under 12" long?

Your pulse hose doesn't have any liquid in it, does it? It shouldn't.

Did you use genuine Mikuni rebuild kits?

Did you sync your throttle plates?

Did you adjust your idle mixture screws?

Did you install the correct spark plugs and gapped at .028" (NGK BPR8ES)

Have you tried cutting the spark plug wires back 1/4" and rescrewing the plug boots back on?

Report back please

+1
    Did you keep the return fuel line restrictor (brass restrictor inside the return fuel line... indicated by a ziptie around the hose) in-place?

It might be helpful when describing your situation with 2 skis by naming them: ski1/ski2... slt1/slt2... to avoid confusion.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information