Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva thru hull install ?

So I installed the exhaust and I have a question ... if you look down the flange you can see the coupling where it attaches the pipe and flange I can't get it to come closer .. anyone else had this problem is it normal ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1658.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	410122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1661.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	410121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1660.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	410123  

By the way tip for anyone doing this ... once you drill the hole with a 3-3/4 hole saw you can use a 40 grit sand paper to go around the inside of the hole in order to get a perfect snug fit ... and lol get ready to have some fun lining up the plate that goes in the back with the bolts definitely will need a second person in my opinion

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsvho16 View Post
    By the way tip for anyone doing this ... once you drill the hole with a 3-3/4 hole saw you can use a 40 grit sand paper to go around the inside of the hole in order to get a perfect snug fit ... and lol get ready to have some fun lining up the plate that goes in the back with the bolts definitely will need a second person in my opinion
    Actually i find it really easy installing the plate Just insert your hand where the stock exhaust outlet is and you have enough space to line up the tip and plate with both hands!

+1
    Same here coupling is showing a little.

+1
    same here, its better that they do not touch... for vibration or damage

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicor6 View Post
    Actually i find it really easy installing the plate Just insert your hand where the stock exhaust outlet is and you have enough space to line up the tip and plate with both hands!
    That works if you removed the pump and ride plate i quess, i didn't had the room to put my hand there

theres no way my hand would fit in the stock exhaust hole!

Exclamation

Lmao FML!! a million times ! I covered that hole which was the first thing I did. didn't really think of sticking my hand in there lol dam that would had been so much easier !! that should be a sticky lol for future installs!

Quote Originally Posted by nicor6 View Post

I had plate Removed but honestly didn't think about it... but thinking about it the angle is sorta jacked up...

Quote Originally Posted by VdeKock View Post
    That works if you removed the pump and ride plate i quess, i didn't had the room to put my hand there

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsvho16 View Post
    Lmao FML!! a million times ! I covered that hole which was the first thing I did. didn't really think of sticking my hand in there lol dam that would had been so much easier !! that should be a sticky lol for future installs!
    LMAO! its so much easier that way, you can play around with the plate to find the sweet spot! If one day you need to replace the ride plate inserts.. The stock exit is also very useful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information