2016 fzr or 2016 gp1800

Hey guys I'm new and I'm looking to buy a new pwc I'm currently stuck on the 2016 fzr or the 2017 gp1800. I like the fzr and it's like 3k bucks cheaper than the gp but the fzr has a mechanical trim instead of electric and it doesn't have RiDE and the gp has an electric trim system and RIDE but electric isn't always the best since it will fail eventually but I just want some input on which way to go and the pros and cons to each craft any input will be greatly appreciated thank u in advance

I have the FX SVHO and its the best ski I've owned yet and I've had a bunch(Kawi Ultra 300, VXR, RXP, and others). It really depends on the water you'll be riding in most. FZR will handle the rougher water better and isn't but a couple mph slower. Plus, with $3k in savings you can put that in mods that will make the FZR the faster of the two.

Yea I'm leaning towards the fzr it's 3k cheaper and do I really need an electric trim and trigger reverse? I think a can deal with out it and im mostly going to be riding in local lakes that can get pretty choppy. I dont plan on riding in saltwater i dont want it to corrode my engine. Also the 5 year free warranty sounds better than just 3 years on the 2017 gp1800 and you are right I can use the extra 3k to add better sponsons, intake, supercharger etc. So I think I'm going to go buy the fzr tomorrow. Thanks for the input I greatly appreciate it

+1
    Is it $3000 less expensive from Yamaha or is the dealer just offering the discount? I'm reading $2,000 off OR 5yr warranty from the Yamaha website.

"*All 2016 and Prior Years Models excluding SuperJet models receive a total of five years of Genuine Yamaha Warranty Coverage OR up to $2000 off select models. See your dealer for details on cash off offers. One year limited factory + four years Yamaha Extended Service = five years of coverage."

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence (RI) View Post
    Is it $3000 less expensive from Yamaha or is the dealer just offering the discount? I'm reading $2,000 off OR 5yr warranty from the Yamaha website.

"*All 2016 and Prior Years Models excluding SuperJet models receive a total of five years of Genuine Yamaha Warranty Coverage OR up to $2000 off select models. See your dealer for details on cash off offers. One year limited factory + four years Yamaha Extended Service = five years of coverage."

I got it for 11.8k but I have to buy it for an additional $750 for another 4 years of warranty which isnt bad but that's better than paying $14,7999 so total was $12,550
    I just picked it up today and I'm happy with the purchase way better than seaduds

6. +1 by:

Thread Information