+1

Looking into buying a 06 RXP couple of questions/opinions

Hey guys I've been a gp1200 guy for about the past 3 years. Looking to switch it up a little and into newer technology. I'm dead set on a 2006 RXP because of the colors I absolutely love!

There's a local rxp the guy is selling for asking price $2300 neg no trailer. The timing chain snapped on the ski. Long story short his mechanic did the work and never came back to assemble. Ski was rebuilt and put back together with all new WSM parts. Motor just needs to be put back into ski, also needs new fuel pump assembly and coupling for drive shaft he stated. Im pretty mechanically inclined, I would say. Is this something I could take on as far as re installing? I would also feel better opening up the motor and double checking everything he had done just for peice of mind.

Owner is looking for all receipts which would be even better if he finds them! I would try to get the ski for $1000-$1500 if possible. Let me know what you guys think !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ndj22 View Post
    Hey guys I've been a gp1200 guy for about the past 3 years. Looking to switch it up a little and into newer technology. I'm dead set on a 2006 RXP because of the colors I absolutely love!

There's a local rxp the guy is selling for asking price $2300 neg no trailer. The timing chain snapped on the ski. Long story short his mechanic did the work and never came back to assemble. Ski was rebuilt and put back together with all new WSM parts. Motor just needs to be put back into ski, also needs new fuel pump assembly and coupling for drive shaft he stated. Im pretty mechanically inclined, I would say. Is this something I could take on as far as re installing? I would also feel better opening up the motor and double checking everything he had done just for peice of mind.

Owner is looking for all receipts which would be even better if he finds them! I would try to get the ski for $1000-$1500 if possible. Let me know what you guys think !
    If you can't test fire that engine you may be buying a paper weight. If you don't mind wrenching, open it up and check everything, which is also an excuse to upgrade this that and the other. Lol Good luck and I hope it turns out to be a good ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    If you can't test fire that engine you may be buying a paper weight. If you don't mind wrenching, open it up and check everything, which is also an excuse to upgrade this that and the other. Lol Good luck and I hope it turns out to be a good ski.
    If it can get it cheap enough I wouldn't mind the wrenching. On the other hand I could pick up a 05 rxp with 120hrs and just paint the ugly green plastics to red

Thread Information