Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sea Doo 300 Intercooler Tubing Upgrade Kit

Hello, has anyone here put this kit on a stock intercooler ? The tube that the BOV mounts to seems impossible to mount between the cooler and SC. Area is too tight. Other one fits no issue.

Riva told me it needs to be muscled in and is not easy but I'm wondering if removing some material from the SC side of the intercooler is key ? Not an issue with couplers, the tubes are metal on metal and nothing is giving!

Any feedback would be appreciated !!!!

+1

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFZR View Post
    Hello, has anyone here put this kit on a stock intercooler ? The tube that the BOV mounts to seems impossible to mount between the cooler and SC. Area is too tight. Other one fits no issue.

Riva told me it needs to be muscled in and is not easy but I'm wondering if removing some material from the SC side of the intercooler is key ? Not an issue with couplers, the tubes are metal on metal and nothing is giving!

Any feedback would be appreciated !!!!
    I posted about this in another thread. Unhook the straps to the intercooler, and remove the exhaust tube hooked onto the outlet. Should be able to pop it on from there. It's silly Riva doesn't tell you that with the instructions. Make sure to spray the tubing with glass cleaner or something that will lubricate and evaporate without residue.

3. +1 by:

+1
    I don't understand why Riva still tries to pawn off that damn blow off on us seadoo guys. Zero reason for it...unless you're turbo

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by mrsprinkles View Post
    I posted about this in another thread. Unhook the straps to the intercooler, and remove the exhaust tube hooked onto the outlet. Should be able to pop it on from there. It's silly Riva doesn't tell you that with the instructions. Make sure to spray the tubing with glass cleaner or something that will lubricate and evaporate without residue.
    Thank you for your response. So after you get it jammed in there you should be able to reach the elbow ? we had the complete exhaust baffle out and were able to hook hoses up but when we went to put the cooler back in place it would not sit on it's foam pad. It's almost like the in and out tubes on the intercooler are just too long.

Probably, however am racing the craft closed course and allot of ON/OFF. Last season after a race the catch can BLEW oil all over the inside of the front of craft. I'm not a 4 stroke engineer but there seem to be dots to connect here...

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    I don't understand why Riva still tries to pawn off that damn blow off on us seadoo guys. Zero reason for it...unless you're turbo

8. +1 by:

+1

Thank you for your response. So after you get it jammed in there you should be able to reach the elbow ? we had the complete exhaust baffle out and were able to hook hoses up but when we went to put the cooler back in place it would not sit on it's foam pad. It's almost like the in and out tubes on the intercooler are just too long.
    Mine fit fine, after I did what I suggested. Was a real bitch initially. I got one hose hooked up and couldn't get the second one on. Messed with it for over an hour with no luck. Unhooked intercooler, and long exhaust pipe and it took me five minutes. I started fresh on the second go round.

I had a friend weld a cap onto the blowoff location as I don't see a need.

Just to be clear. ( The long rubber tube from the waterbox to the resonator ) you took that tube off and had no issue?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsprinkles View Post
    Mine fit fine, after I did what I suggested. Was a real bitch initially. I got one hose hooked up and couldn't get the second one on. Messed with it for over an hour with no luck. Unhooked intercooler, and long exhaust pipe and it took me five minutes. I started fresh on the second go round.

I had a friend weld a cap onto the blowoff location as I don't see a need.

+1
    Just to be clear. ( The long rubber tube from the waterbox to the resonator ) you took that tube off and had no issue?
    I took it off to install the hard pipes. I reinstalled it after I got the riva pipes installed.

+1
    Probably, however am racing the craft closed course and allot of ON/OFF. Last season after a race the catch can BLEW oil all over the inside of the front of craft. I'm not a 4 stroke engineer but there seem to be dots to connect here...

Sounds like your talking about the oil catch can. I'm talking about the blow off valve. Not seeing the dots. Maybe you where overfilled on the oil? When the oil level is correct you should get very little oil in your can.

I was addressing the comment about buying a BOV.
    But yeah I have heard that the dealers over fill.

The difference was that the catch did not spray everywhere after rec rides. But did after hard riding during a race so I was speculating that the BOV could help reduce the extreme back pressure when throttle is chopped.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Sounds like your talking about the oil catch can. I'm talking about the blow off valve. Not seeing the dots. Maybe you where overfilled on the oil? When the oil level is correct you should get very little oil in your can.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information