Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosguru7 View Post
    Does someone have a delorme or spot going so the rest of us can watch in envy lol
    Yes Broncosguru7, I will have my Delorme like last years trip. We will post the link some time tomorrow.

+1

https://share.garmin.com/mapshare/BillyandGina/Map/MapSharePassword?uid=124454

Password: Bahamas

Starting date is set for Thursday, May 4th.

+1
    Thanks! Best of luck guys I hope Saturday cleans up for you guys as it looks pretty gnarly right now but good news is Sunday and Monday wave and wind forecasts look much better so worst case is you only have to delay a day but hopefully that front speeds up and pushes through late tomorrow instead.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosguru7 View Post
    Thanks! Best of luck guys I hope Saturday cleans up for you guys as it looks pretty gnarly right now but good news is Sunday and Monday wave and wind forecasts look much better so worst case is you only have to delay a day but hopefully that front speeds up and pushes through late tomorrow instead.

No problem, thanks hope your right

+1
    You guys still planing to head out in the morning or have you moved it over to Sunday?

+1
    Still looking to launch Saturday morning, thinking around 7-7:30am. Keep us posted in regards to forecast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-keeps View Post
    Still looking to launch Saturday morning, thinking around 7-7:30am. Keep us posted in regards to forecast.
    If you were to look at ocean conditions now (or all day actually), you will see ocean is calm because its all offshore winds (Westerly winds). Winds today is supposed to be 15-20mph out of the NW-NNW. That's for Miami and Bahamas. Wave height should be 1ft to 3ft at worst.

If it were me and after looking at weather conditions for Saturday vs. Sunday, I would cross on Sunday instead of today. Tomorrow (Sunday) winds will drop dramatically and winds will start at NNW and move Easterly. Remember, West winds good for FL coast, Easterly winds good for Bahamas (especially if you keep land on your East side of your ski).
    Last edited by Sanfish; 05-06-2017 at 06:28 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    If you were to look at ocean conditions now (or all day actually), you will see ocean is calm because its all offshore winds (Westerly winds). Winds today is supposed to be 15-20mph out of the NW-NNW. That's for Miami and Bahamas. Wave height should be 1ft to 3ft at worst.

If it were me and after looking at weather conditions for Saturday vs. Sunday, I would cross on Sunday instead of today. Tomorrow (Sunday) winds will drop dramatically and winds will start at NNW and move Easterly. Remember, West winds good for FL coast, Easterly winds good for Bahamas (especially if you keep land on your East side of your ski).

Thanks again for all the updates. We all made a decision that Sunday will be best for the crossing. Can't wait

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-keeps View Post
    Thanks again for all the updates. We all made a decision that Sunday will be best for the crossing. Can't wait
    Smart play.

You can use today as a rest day or put in Crandon Park and ride the ocean side to the south tip of Key Biscayne (just don't ride past it since PWC are banned south). At low tide there is a sandbar on the South/West corner that is popular but if its windy, you will want to spend the time on the ocean side. Maybe look into Vizcaya as that makes for a unique ride via water.

Good luck on your Sunday crossing.

+1
    Yeah it was probably the smart thing to do for sure. We are heading down to the Keys now to check out the sites

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information