Picking up an '06 RXP tomorrow, what to look for?

I'm picking up an '06 RXP tomorrow, i'll be taking off the valve cover to check for solid vales and do a compression test as well. What years do they come with ceramic s/c washers?

The sc will probably need to be rebuilt. Plan on $600 for the dealer to do it or $350 if you pull it and send it to be rebuilt. The washers bad washers were 2004 to 2009 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by ski doo zx 800 View Post
    The sc will probably need to be rebuilt. Plan on $600 for the dealer to do it or $350 if you pull it and send it to be rebuilt. The washers bad washers were 2004 to 2009 I believe
    Perfect, just what I needed to know. Thank you!

No problem. I have a 06 rxt with 300hrs on it now with only 1 sc rebuild. They run and last for ever. Pulling the sc is pretty simple with the step by step instructions on greenhulk.com. it's well worth the try. Beware if you accidentally nick a hose while pulling it the hoses are 100 bucks each

Quote Originally Posted by ski doo zx 800 View Post
    No problem. I have a 06 rxt with 300hrs on it now with only 1 sc rebuild. They run and last for ever. Pulling the sc is pretty simple with the step by step instructions on greenhulk.com. it's well worth the try. Beware if you accidentally nick a hose while pulling it the hoses are 100 bucks each
    Of course. My main concern was just running it with those washers, so if he never rebuilt it then that'll be the first thing I do once I buy it. Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadoofanatix View Post
    Of course. My main concern was just running it with those washers, so if he never rebuilt it then that'll be the first thing I do once I buy it. Thanks again for your help.
    Your definitely on the right track. Just make sure the outside plastic on the gauges has no cracks in it. Mine started cracking from the sun and then a q00 hrs later the gauges fail. $400 for new ones btw

Quote Originally Posted by Seadoofanatix View Post
    It is suggested you get it done every 100hr

8. +1 by:

try to pull the motor out of the engine mounts, mine were corroded which lead to it taking on water.

+1
    Water test it!

+1
    Honestly if you don't personally know the person I would have charger rebuilt anyways in the grand scheme of things the price of a rebuild is cheaper the a failure.

Thread Information