Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2017 RXT-X 300 Depth Finder

Hi Folks,

Did some searching on here prior to posting and see some replies but nothing specific (or clear) regarding the '17 RXT-X 300. The dealer I purchased the ski from Friday 'attempted' to install the depth finder with no luck. He said the '16's worked but something changed for '17, stating "there's no place to put it on the '17."

I don't have the part number/box to see which part he tried, but does anyone have the specific part number of for the '17 RXT-X 300?

Thanks so much!

Have the speed tie, 12V adaptor, bilge pump, and dock bumpers in-hand to install - that's a lot of DRILLING into the ski....Wow! Would've bought the GTX Limited 300, but the color scheme is not my cup of tea.

Matt

*bump*

Apparently BRP told my dealer this is the first 2017 TX-300 that is attempting an install of the depth finder.... Help?

+1
    Does the dealer have a '17 GTX LTD to look at?
    I would think they could just copy that location to your RXT-X?? You may have to buy a '17 GTX LTD sensor mounting bracket.
    Not sure about the wiring though, I had to get into my fuse box on my '12 RXT-X.
    Last edited by 11c; 04-13-2017 at 05:52 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by swissforce View Post
    Hi Folks,

Did some searching on here prior to posting and see some replies but nothing specific (or clear) regarding the '17 RXT-X 300. The dealer I purchased the ski from Friday 'attempted' to install the depth finder with no luck. He said the '16's worked but something changed for '17, stating "there's no place to put it on the '17."

I don't have the part number/box to see which part he tried, but does anyone have the specific part number of for the '17 RXT-X 300?

Thanks so much!

Have the speed tie, 12V adaptor, bilge pump, and dock bumpers in-hand to install - that's a lot of DRILLING into the ski....Wow! Would've bought the GTX Limited 300, but the color scheme is not my cup of tea.

Matt
    I have the Speedties on my machines, they work great until a little sand gets in them then they dont recoil and you have to clean them. The install is a pain in the butt, congrats on the new ski

Update on the depth finder:

Sea Doo is aware of the issue and states I am the first customer to have tried the depth finder on the 2017 RXT-X 300. In any case, they are 'working' in a solution.... Apparently the unit that is specified on the Sea Doo build it page does not work. The gauge cluster is not compatible with the wiring. Something changed from '16-'17, according to BRP.

Installed the fender kit and speed ties. The speed tie install was a ton of fun....

Still have to put in the bilge pump kit and reboarding step. I needed special bits and tools for those installs.

Here's hoping for some sort of solution this riding season........(not holding breath)

It got WIFI and touchscreen ! PWCGUY's Avatar
    +1
    Update on the depth finder:

Sea Doo is aware of the issue and states I am the first customer to have tried the depth finder on the 2017 RXT-X 300. In any case, they are 'working' in a solution.... Apparently the unit that is specified on the Sea Doo build it page does not work. The gauge cluster is not compatible with the wiring. Something changed from '16-'17, according to BRP.

Installed the fender kit and speed ties. The speed tie install was a ton of fun....

Still have to put in the bilge pump kit and reboarding step. I needed special bits and tools for those installs.

Here's hoping for some sort of solution this riding season........(not holding breath)
    I installed depth finder in my 2017 RXTX a few weeks ago no problem, Part number (SKU) : 295100598
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Depth Finder Position.jpg 
Views:	982 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	411817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Depth Finder Position1.jpg 
Views:	931 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	411818  

Quote Originally Posted by PWCGUY View Post
    I installed depth finder in my 2017 RXTX a few weeks ago no problem, Part number (SKU) : 295100598
    Interesting.....

can you PM me your phone number? I truly need some help.

Interesting.....

can you PM me your phone number? I truly need some help.
    Thanks for calling me...The part is on its way. The dealer told me they tried two different units with that very same part number - again, with no luck. I may need to rely on you in the event I get hung up. Thanks again!

So...it works! My dealer clearly doesn't know how to install straight forward accessories. Further more, for BRP to tell me that the unit is notcompatible blows my mind. Wow! Thanks to PWCGUY for replying a few weeks back telling me that it worked on his machine. I can't wait to call the dealer when they open tomorrow.

It got WIFI and touchscreen ! PWCGUY's Avatar
    +1
    So...it works! My dealer clearly doesn't know how to install straight forward accessories. Further more, for BRP to tell me that the unit is notcompatible blows my mind. Wow! Thanks to PWCGUY for replying a few weeks back telling me that it worked on his machine. I can't wait to call the dealer when they open tomorrow.
    Glad to hear that its now working !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information