Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

What RPM should my 300 be turning?

Last summer, the best I could muster up on GPS was 76 with a 13-18 Solas, air intake and Stage I or II tune. My impeller was sent to me the first week they came out and just to make sure it was correct (didn't want it to be pre-production) I sent it back to Riva a few months ago and they me a new one. (Never did hear back, they just sent a new one)

Tomorrow I'm going to head to the lake. What RPM's and mph should I be turning roughly?

Thanks,

Mark

+1
    So made it to the lake today... 76-77mph (gps 76.6) with 8320 rpms, that was with a Stage II tune. I don't know if I have any choice on this but this new impeller shudders/vibrates way worse than the other one.

That was on a full tank of gas, 40% humidity and I weigh 164 lbs.

Any ideas where my other 3 mph could be?

Thanks,

Mark

+1
    Thought I should add that I was going to do valves and retainers but not until I find out where I'm at speed wise. Any suggestions from y'all?

Mark

+1
    Mark something is wrong, at that rpm with the stock pitch you should be over 80. My speed went down on the 13/18 and rpm until I had it repitched by Impros. I was hitting 80 on the dash with a repitched and 78 on stock pitch. Check your wear ring. BTW Impros can pitch the stock factory impeller as well and it rocks. Also are you on a Tx or Px?

+1
    Thanks AZ... I'm on a PX. "according" to Riva's site, I should be turning 80 mph. When you had your impeller repitched, did you have the stock impeller done or the Solas 13/18?

I ask because I'm curious accurate their pitching is. (I'm assuming pretty accurate).

Also, I did have the wear ring checked, my tech told me in was well within specs.

Today also, I hooked up the map tuner and checked to make sure the dealer hadn't overwritten the tune but it said that I was on the Stage II, 8500 tune. For some reason, the "snap" just doesn't seem to be there. If I didn't know better, I'd say I didn't have a tune.

Mark

+1
    According to Riva, my rpm's are where they're suppose to be... just not my mph. I'm wondering if I need to be "depitched" a bit?

PERFORMANCE DATA

Note: All testing performed with 1/3 tank of fuel.

+1
    No thoughts anyone? I called Brian twice today and never heard back.

+1
    What's your altitude in Charlotte?

Lots of variables to consider. Temp, Humidity, I assume your still on stock intake Grate?
    I see the tune your using but do you have all the items that go with that tune?
    Still on stock air box?

What are your mods other than the reflash?

+1
    I had my 13/18 repitched to a 13/16.5. It seems that most people are having the same problem with the 13/18 that it's just too steep. I have also re-pitched the stock impeller and have had excellent results with them and as a bonus they don't break. My 13/18 was from the first batch and it broke. I'm sure you probably read people are having them break in the second batch as well too. Hopefully they will get the problem fixed because the 0 to 20 time on them is awesome. Mine also had a vibration and a lot of people on the forum are having the same problems with the 13/18. The stock prop works very well repitched and does not vibrate. By the way have you done the intake manifold upgrade?

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post
    What's your altitude in Charlotte?

Lots of variables to consider. Temp, Humidity, I assume your still on stock intake Grate?
    I see the tune your using but do you have all the items that go with that tune?
    Still on stock air box?

What are your mods other than the reflash?
    Temp was 72 degrees
    Humidity was 40-41 percent

altitude is 240 feet.

Aftermarket air box (from Riva)
    Impeller
    Stage 2 tune.

I did however have half a tank of gas as opposed to 1/3 but still...

I did talk to Brian this morning and he thinks with the amount of vibration I'm getting, I may have a cavitation issue.

Mark

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information