+1

Thank you, GreenHulk forum

Want to thank everyone for their help and advice and thank you Jim for a fantastic ride plate.

Took my 2017 VXR out today and I don't know if regapping the spark plugs or its first oil change to mobile 1 synth. Or the engine starting to losen at 14 hours.

The best it would do before regapping the plugs and the oil change was 67.9 mph (GPS) today with same amount between 1/2 and 1/4 tank of gas I was hitting 69.6 mph(GPS) ,better than I ever expected without getting a reflash .

all I have done is removed ribbon ,K&N pod air filter and rerouted kanoflex hoses up to filter ,big improvement Jim's cut ride plate ,regapped plugs to .027 and freeflo exhaust which I think did absolutely nothing. Oh I also shimmed the front of the ride plate with 2 washer's each front corner
    And i am fixing to go back to Tommy Jordan modified exhaust.
    All I wanted was 68mph on 87 octane and was able to get 69.6 mph so I'm extremely happy with this ski ,so thanks guys.
    Last edited by Dingram; 04-01-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    How did the plate affect the ride?

+1
    It rides in the chop a lot better and its like its on a rail , and I gained a good 2 mph over the stock plate.

4. +1 by:

that's some really good speed out of a vxr!!!!!

6. +1 by:

+1
    Good stuff man.. Glad to hear this.. I just got Jim's plate put on and set up an appointment to get the oil and plugs changed. Im hoping to get up there too. I do still need the K&N filter though. Do you recall what improvement the filter did to your unit MPH wise?

+1
    The filter mite only add 1 mph but it makes a big difference in power thru the mid range.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingram View Post
    Want to thank everyone for their help and advice and thank you Jim for a fantastic ride plate.

Took my 2017 VXR out today and I don't know if regapping the spark plugs or its first oil change to mobile 1 synth. Or the engine starting to losen at 14 hours.

The best it would do before regapping the plugs and the oil change was 67.9 mph (GPS) today with same amount between 1/2 and 1/4 tank of gas I was hitting 69.6 mph(GPS) ,better than I ever expected without getting a reflash .

all I have done is removed ribbon ,K&N pod air filter and rerouted kanoflex hoses up to filter ,big improvement Jim's cut ride plate ,regapped plugs to .027 and freeflo exhaust which I think did absolutely nothing. Oh I also shimmed the front of the ride plate with 2 washer's each front corner
    And i am fixing to go back to Tommy Jordan modified exhaust.
    All I wanted was 68mph on 87 octane and was able to get 69.6 mph so I'm extremely happy with this ski ,so thanks guys.
    You are very welcome Dingram, awesome results.

Thread Information