Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    105
    +1
    20

    Upgrade to Cruiser instrument cluster?

    Has anyone swapped out an instrument cluster from an FX SVHO Cruiser into a regular FX SVHO to gain the additional features of air temp, water temp and compass?


  2. #2
    CHINE WALKER nicor6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Mahe
    Posts
    377
    +1
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by itsrixter View Post
    Has anyone swapped out an instrument cluster from an FX SVHO Cruiser into a regular FX SVHO to gain the additional features of air temp, water temp and compass?
    Hmm I think you will also need to swap out the speed sensor (paddle wheel),water temp sensor is built in for the cruiser model. You will also need the additional compass and air temp sensor..

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    105
    +1
    20
    You bring up a good point of the sensors. So that needs to be added as well.

    However, I compared the part numbers of the speed sensors for both FX and FX Cruiser and they are the same F1X-U8K31-02-00


    Does anyone one have part numbers for the needed sensors air, water & compass? I cant find them on the OEM diagrams.
    Last edited by itsrixter; 04-01-2017 at 12:38 PM.

  4. #4
    CHINE WALKER nicor6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Mahe
    Posts
    377
    +1
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by itsrixter View Post
    You bring up a good point of the sensors. So that needs to be added as well.

    However, I compared the part numbers of the speed sensors for both FX and FX Cruiser and they are the same F1X-U8K31-02-00


    Does anyone one have part numbers for the needed sensors air, water & compass? I cant find them on the OEM diagrams.
    Different sensors check the links out this one for FX-SVHO: http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....IDE-PLATE-ASSY

    FX SVHO CRUISER: http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....IDE-PLATE-ASSY

    see item number 4 for both.. its a few dollars different too.

    As for the sensor, you are correct its missing, I have done this conversion before, but on a 2011 model, it seems for the newer one they have changed it, im thinking maybe the sensor is built in the clock it self? Previous models (2011) the air temp and compass sensor was a small black box..

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    105
    +1
    20
    Funny thing is the clusters are different parts # as expected but same price!

  6. #6
    CHINE WALKER nicor6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Mahe
    Posts
    377
    +1
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by itsrixter View Post
    Funny thing is the clusters are different parts # as expected but same price!
    So possibly air temp and compass sensor are built in the cluster but good thing its same price! you get 2 extra buttons for same price lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS SHO Instrument Cluster / Gauges ONLY 33.6hrs & Cruiser Controls
    By ksalles in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 02:03 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 08:05 PM
  3. How to remove instrument cluster on GP800R
    By HotChiliRam in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 07:37 PM
  4. Riva Stage 2 Upgrade to Stage 3...what is needed?
    By Seadooracer9 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 03:38 PM
  5. Strange electrical problem -- instrument cluster going crazy
    By NateGP1300R in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 05:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •