Thread: Ignition Key

Ignition Key

I have a 2015 Kawasaki Ultra 310LX and lost me green ignition key. I ordered a new one and it seems that I will have to have it reprogrammed. Any advice on doing it myself or taking it to the dealer and what I should expect? Any other ideas or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    sorry your first post here will be some surprisingly bad news if you do not have the yellow key.

you can program it yourself IF you have a yellow or some other key

you need ANY working key to start the programing sequnce

AND

a special kawasaki wire harness adapter called the key adapter or something like that. Make sure to get the correct one for your specific ski, there are a couple of them)

check in the GH store ( link above)

oh yeah, if you don't have the yellow or some other working key

you'll be buying a new ECU ( $500)

That was very helpful! Thank you so much!! I do have the yellow key thank goodness!!

The dealer seams to have no idea and was only able to pull up the part number listed in the video. They dont know if it will or will not work with my 15 model year. I ordered the part that is in this video and hopefully it will work.

+1
    in this case I would suggest purchasing a key programmer dongle made by the folks at Candoo pro

No surprise the dealer doesn't know for about a year I a couple of dealers techs call me wanting to know if I knew anything they can't get the factory method to work (there were changes made to the procedure!)

you;ll note on my site I proclaim the slo key is worth it's weight in gold and should be kept with the title, not on the same keyring as the fast key

the candoo /kaw key programmer is available here at the store on GH

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...tvogkmsfr48h11

until you can get a dupe made PROTECT THAT KEY!

LINK=kaw key tool

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by austindj21 View Post
    The dealer seams to have no idea and was only able to pull up the part number listed in the video. They dont know if it will or will not work with my 15 model year. I ordered the part that is in this video and hopefully it will work.

it depends on what they have done with the all important connector

the candoo model has early and late model connectors

do come back and let us know what worked for you, t hat would be important info I'd like to see posted to this thread

the timing is critical, be prepared to perhaps have some tire kicking frustration

when I got dinged by a current year model, it took me over a half hour to finally figure out what actually needed to be done

if you have correct instructions it takes less then 90 seconds to connect the dongle and program the key.

there are plenty of youtubes now showing it done

Okay again thank you so much! They key tool is what i ordered and the dealership called me back and said I need to order something else.. they said it was like a wire harness for the key tool. Looking at that video and the link you put in your last thread thats all i need. I feel like they are trying to sell me something i dont need.

I ordered the key tool - Part #57001-1582 in the video and also read its for up to 2015 Ultra model years.
    They are telling me I also need - Part #57001-1746 Your thoughts?

It looks like the key tool is all i need from watching the video and the link you sent me.

Thank you so much for all your help. I have never used this thread/blog stuff before.

If you have any other advice or suggestions please let me know. Again thank you!

+1
    that's why the candoo tool as two connectors, the second bit is likely the adapter harness for that year
    cancel the dealer order and get the candoo tool, make two keys then simply resell it for a small loss.

yeah 1746 is the harness adapter

Thread Information