Electrical problem after rebuild

Hello guys, I rebuild my engine 951 DI 2003 but when I use it I have a like a electrical problem and have maint message, light on and limited rev. Engine start perfect but I when I accelerate is like electrical problem and no go my revolutions up without problem

When I removed my magneto rotor and flywheel I'm not sure if I separate the magneto cover of flywheel but I think that I didn't it so like crankshaft have a position would be right... So I'm tend to thing that could be magneto encoder have some teeth moved (Yes, when I was dissembling i'm sure that some teeths was moved a little bit and I put again good but not very careful with feder gauge, just with the eyes).

So guys what do you thing that could be?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    most likely an air injector, but you MUST have a code reader to be sure. Di's are too expensive too just randomly toss parts at ( air injectors $200 EACH). You need a solid diagnosis. The engine limps to discourage you from blowing it up demanding large amounts of power when one or both cylinders are in a fault condition.

symptoms

engine start OK, no maint lamp

rev the engine a bit and maint lamp comes on

air injectors are simple to replace, but you MUST read the ski error log to be sure as to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    most likely an air injector, but you MUST have a code reader to be sure. Di's are too expensive too just randomly toss parts at ( air injectors $200 EACH). You need a solid diagnosis. The engine limps to discourage you from blowing it up demanding large amounts of power when one or both cylinders are in a fault condition.

symptoms

engine start OK, no maint lamp

rev the engine a bit and maint lamp comes on

air injectors are simple to replace, but you MUST read the ski error log to be sure as to the problem.
    could be but I don't think because the pwc stopped because bearing of one rod broke but until that was fine. The pwc start ok but start with maint lamp.

Today I was checking encoder and putting every teeth like sea doo manual say, not to muuch difference between they but some had more of 0.15mm (was moved when I dissembling).
    I have one question about encoder plate, in 2002 DI had a position? how I could check if is in correct position?

Thank you so much!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

you need a scanner to actually set the ignition timing, but that's not the real problem right now.

Thread Information