Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

FIZZLE GEN 1 air bleed line..?

I'm installing a FIZZLE GEN 1 intercooler in my 2006 RXP 215hp with mods. Where or to what do I connect the air bleeder hose? I assume once the air has bled out it will be squirting water...

Or, The water exits the intercooler at the rear, goes under the intercooler and connects at the bottom front of the exhaust manifold. I could put a "T" in that 3/4 line and connect it there. It would put a minimum amount of air in the exhaust cooling system but I don't think it would be enough to matter. ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	854 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	409706   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of cooling.png 
Views:	600 
Size:	988.4 KB 
ID:	409707   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEN 1.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	409708  

+1
    You can route it back into the exhaust or dump it overboard. The extra air in the exhaust cooling lines won't affect anything. But getting any extra air out of the intercooler water end tank will allow it to fill more completely

+1
    As an added note this was one of the best mods I did to gain some power and open this sucker up to breath way way better! Have fun! Once you've been bitten you wont stop till you're scared of the speed!

How about a third option? The red line comes in from the pump to the front of the intercooler. ( there is a strainer, but for simplicity) The green line exits the rear of the intercooler connects to the bottom front of the exhaust manifold. The blue line would be connected to the green line with a "T". This way you don't take any water or water pressure away from it's original circulation. Good? Bad? Easiest?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Air Bleeder.png 
Views:	446 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	410858  

+1
    That's the exact setup I've always recommended, but you can get away with just about anything since the air bleed line is so small.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff Cut View Post
    How about a third option? The red line comes in from the pump to the front of the intercooler. ( there is a strainer, but for simplicity) The green line exits the rear of the intercooler connects to the bottom front of the exhaust manifold. The blue line would be connected to the green line with a "T". This way you don't take any water or water pressure away from it's original circulation. Good? Bad? Easiest?

GREAT ! Thanks for the response. I'm going to set it up this week...

Interesting. Is it worth it performance wise to do this?

If you mean the intercooler, it is a great performance mod. If you mean the air line... The Gen1 seams to be the only one that comes with it. I imagine it's just incase a little air gets trapped in the upper corner of the intercooler. Makes for better water flow through the intercooler... IMO...

9. +1 by:

Anyone happen to know the size of the fitting? I bought a used fizzle and didn't receive the fitting. I just have the plug installed. I will put a T into the 3/4 hose that runs to the bottom side of the exhaust manifold

+1
    It should be 1/4" pipe thread. There was a small number of coolers that came with 1/8" pipe thread instead, so it'll be one of those sizes for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fastrxp215 View Post
    Anyone happen to know the size of the fitting? I bought a used fizzle and didn't receive the fitting. I just have the plug installed. I will put a T into the 3/4 hose that runs to the bottom side of the exhaust manifold

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information