Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    One ride WITH the scom and you may not care much for the warranty. Then you turn sick like many of us and spend the rest of your days always wanting more. It's a drug man.

+1
    SCOM Is a great add on and will unlock the top end performance you paid for. Your 300 can run safely at 8040 rpm and that's what the ECU will limit it to. The SCOM only disengages the speedo limiter and also allows you to start up in Sport mode. It does nothing to the tune of the motor, IBR function, or supercharger.

Like anything else, if you pin the fun flipper to the bar for 5 minutes straight, you're gonna run into problems. Common sense prevails.

Like others have said, a good dealer goes a long way too. I checked with my dealer's service manager before I installed the SCOM. He told me he was familiar with the SCOM and that it would not void my warranty. So I installed it and am happy I did.

+1
    Yes your you can and BUDS can show 5 minutes of 8050 RPM without a scom - I live on a river - going against the current it would stay on the rev limiter - GPS speed 68 - going down river it would really drop rpms - to max at 68.

Also - if you had a worn impeller and lost speed - if will do the same. Of if you were pulling some tubers. Many ways to ride the limiter without a scom.

So - at least get one and be happy

Tim

4. +1 by:

+1
    I had my Scom supplied and installed by the Dealer I purchased my ski from. They confirmed that the Scom would not affect the warranty or extended warranty.
    I spent an extra hour of labor to have them install it for me.. I felt it was worth the insurance to guarantee they couldnt come back and say ... something wasnt covered.

Now I can go 75, I want more !!!

Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Dockside is bang on, the scom only removes/bypasses speed governor not rev limiter so they won't know. Key is to find a BRP dealer that is also a Riva dealer. They don't care what has been done.

Can the dealer see MPH on the buds system? If so they may see you are running over 68mph and infer a SCOM was at some point used? Just asking not telling haha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rscardino10 View Post
    Can the dealer see MPH on the buds system? If so they may see you are running over 68mph and infer a SCOM was at some point used? Just asking not telling haha
    No, MPH does not show up in BUDS.

8. +1 by:

+1
    I would do a dash flash from DashPac rather than a SCOM you can switch on and off the speed limiter. and you get all the other benefits too

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...3aalso7usfst07

10. +1 by:

+1
    BTW the dealer does not void your warranty. If you have a failure BRP may decide to not participate in the repair if a specific add on part was responsible for the failure. That statement is directly from the mouth of the GM of the largest dealer in the tampa bay area.

12. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    BTW the dealer does not void your warranty. If you have a failure BRP may decide to not participate in the repair if a specific add on part was responsible for the failure. That statement is directly from the mouth of the GM of the largest dealer in the tampa bay area.
    That's exactly correct! People use the term VOID the warranty wrongly. They can deny coverage on a failed item if the modification you installed caused the failure, but they do not VOID the entire skis warranty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information