Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another RXPX 300 warranty void question

I recently purchased a new 2017 dayglow RXPX300 and Im looking forward to the weather warming up in NY so I can give it a try..... my question is has anyone on this forum done a SCOM upgrade and a Riva through hull exauhst on a RXP X 300 and been denied any warranty work or have had there warranty Voided from seadoo

id really like to get these upgrades but id hate to throw out a 4 year warranty from seadoo

+1
    I dont know but have the same ski and parts listed above just sitting in my garage. From what the dealer told me was that the scom would only void (engine work) if they could prove it was caused by it. Same for the exhaust. Now if the dash display or IBR goes out, it would be covered. I didnt go for the extended warranty so I pretty much have 5 more months before I can install whatever I want and not be under the microscope. Am I planning to wait? No. Just need some free time to install. LOL . I am interested on what other have been told though.

+1
    Run the scom. If your worried it'll void it just remove it if you need warranty work done. They won't even know.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Dockside is bang on, the scom only removes/bypasses speed governor not rev limiter so they won't know. Key is to find a BRP dealer that is also a Riva dealer. They don't care what has been done.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    Run the scom. If your worried it'll void it just remove it if you need warranty work done. They won't even know.
    .**** Im pretty sure that if you blew the engine , when they run the BUDS report it will show the last few minutes of run time , how do you explain 8050 rpms for X amount of,minutes ...without a scom you would never be able to run 8050 for any length of time....with that being said , find a sea doo dealer that also sells riva and have them install the mods and you will more likely be covered by that dealer...i know one in upstate NY that does this

+1
    That is max rpm but the gps limiter cuts it out to keep it from going over 68mph. All the scom does is disable the GPS limiter.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Dockside is bang on, the scom only removes/bypasses speed governor not rev limiter so they won't know. Key is to find a BRP dealer that is also a Riva dealer. They don't care what has been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    That is max rpm but the gps limiter cuts it out to keep it from going over 68mph. All the scom does is disable the GPS limiter.
    ...i understand that...but before i had my scom it would get to max speed and then cut the rpms down to get you back to 68... i just looked at my buds report from my 2015 brp snowmobile..it shows the every half second of the last minute of run time . Including rpm , engine temp and TPS...the 15 is the old buds system ..buds 2 came out in 2016 and is even more detailed from what im told...

+1
    Weren't they(v-tech) going to be adding a way to flash back to stock and no way for buds to pull rpm history? As for your dilemma, good dealers look past simple mods (I know I work at a dealership), they get creative with the claims process. Worry about not enough sunny days, and enjoy. Reality is now adays the amount of people with disposable income are few and far between. Dealerships main focus is customer retention, not customer alienation.

+1
    Bottom line for the OP is to ask the dealer where you bought the ski from what mods would be covered under the warranty...

Quote Originally Posted by jeel View Post
    Bottom line for the OP is to ask the dealer where you bought the ski from what mods would be covered under the warranty...

Great Feedback thank you guys for shedding some light, this info will help with my decision

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information