Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Water Pressure for Flushing

Hi,

While speaking to a friend of mine, he mentioned that it would be useful to install a water pump to increase the flow coming out of the tap while flushing.

What do you think about this? I always thought that I had decent water pressure to flush my jetski and always did so using salt away. But doubt has crept into my mind after this chat considering that there is just a drizzle coming out of the nozzle at the front. However there will be quite some foaming at the jet pump.

Can you give me some opinions about this please? Thanks!

+1

Mines been the same way, a small stream or dribble from the pisser even though waters running out the exhaust and the strainer on the pump strongly...

Your Water pressure like my house is average I wouldn't worry about it, your engine ,oil cooler and exhaust are all being cooled and fresh water flushed . You can feather the throttle to 3000-4000 RPMs to create more flow every now and then and see the pisser flow better....If your not overheating your fine..

3. +1 by:

Thanks Dave, that clears it up... Was worried about the engine not being properly flushed. Would you recommend drying the exhaust with compressed air after flushing?

5. +1 by:

+1
    You'll notice in all skis when you first start up a post ride trailer flush the water comes out hot after about a minute it turns cool or luke warm....your doing just fine��

Keep in mind if the wife's got the dishwasher and clothes washer going and decides to flush the toilet then you can have issues. When you have average water pressure best to find out what water is running in the house and may be best to wait to ski flush��

7. +1 by:

The water pressure going in has nothing to do with it .. I posted this b4 .. blow no less then 90 lbs no more then 120 lbs of compressed air into the exhaust bypass valve while ur flushing it out .. this is a common issue .. it should be done on a regular basis .. if ur dealership didn't inform u it's bcuz they want to charge u for it .. if no1 else has informed u it's bcuz they are clueless .. do this while the water is coming out .. u will notice it comes out better after a few swipes of the air wand goes in and the water comes out .. if it seems like something is wrong chances are .. there is something wrong .. this is a simple fix .. stop listening to people with the same issue and have no fix .. my dealership will keep it a secret from u .. hide what they do to correct it then charge u 60 to 85 bucks depending on how busy they are

9. +1 by:

+1

Your talking about the Bypass outlet (pisser) on the front right not an exhaust valve? ..Well I've never done this so I guess I'm clueless ..

Well let me relate to a few experiences I had with this often touched topic , last yr replaced all my hoses including that 1/4" bypass outlet hose .. made no difference.A few yrs ago my county's water shortage was in effect no unnecessary watering so I went to a ramp in another county that had hose flushing for boats and skis and flushed the ski, bypass outlet water came out like a fire hydrant.... its mostly about someone's water pressure but sure can't hurt blowing in air or putting a pointy object to check for blockage...

11. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Ybnvs2 View Post
    The water pressure going in has nothing to do with it .. I posted this b4 .. blow no less then 90 lbs no more then 120 lbs of compressed air into the exhaust bypass valve while ur flushing it out .. this is a common issue .. it should be done on a regular basis .. if ur dealership didn't inform u it's bcuz they want to charge u for it .. if no1 else has informed u it's bcuz they are clueless .. do this while the water is coming out .. u will notice it comes out better after a few swipes of the air wand goes in and the water comes out .. if it seems like something is wrong chances are .. there is something wrong .. this is a simple fix .. stop listening to people with the same issue and have no fix .. my dealership will keep it a secret from u .. hide what they do to correct it then charge u 60 to 85 bucks depending on how busy they are
    That's a new piece of useful info for me! I guess not many people know about it. Would it be possible to point out where the exhaust bypass valve is located please as I am not familiar with engines. Thanks once again!

Thanks for all your input guys! Much appreciated all of you!

Correct .. the pisser valve on the outside right hand side of the ski is called the eshaust bypass valve/outlet = pisser hole/rubber grommet on the throttle trigger side of the ski .. it's not easy to find something that will go into the entire length of that hose therefore .. forcing air into it while water is coming out of it is a simple fix .. u could have the smallest partical of anything in there and since forcing water out of it doesn't always seem to help .. forcing air into the opposite direction while the water is coming out is always an instant fix .. blow the air into it a few times for 5 secs each time using a wand attachment on the end of the air nozzle .. no less then 90 lbs no more 120 lbs while the water is coming out will cure this issue every time .. do this on a regular basis when flushing
    Last edited by Ybnvs2; 03-29-2017 at 09:49 PM.

And its ok to be clueless Dave .. not every1 knows everything and it doesn't mean ur stupid it simply means there is something new to be learned every day .. and ur all very welcome .. kawasaki should have this in the manual .. they have improved their manuals 1000% from manuals of old .. i love where it says .. never leave the ski in the water overnight .. stuff like that shows not only do they cover their ass but .. they care enough to put it in their manual to enlighten their customers enough to give advice that will help with the longevity of the product u purchased
    Last edited by Ybnvs2; 03-29-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information