Fuel transfer tank on trailer

Anyone ever heard of anyone using a tool box / fuel transfer tank combo on the front of their pwc trailer? Are the tanks that typically hold diesel safe for gasoline transfer?

+1
    just put a 90 gallon one on a single place jetski trailer for refueling - no ski - I have a 50' gravity feed hose since I have a bank down to the ski's and boat

Yes you can use it for gasoline.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    you'd best check with your insurance broker if you are carrying more then 3 five gallon safety cans on your trailer. anything outside that would likely need a specialized insurance rider if you are carrying 90 gallons of fuel on a trailer. on your truck is one thing..trailer..another deal entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    you'd best check with your insurance broker if you are carrying more then 3 five gallon safety cans on your trailer. anything outside that would likely need a specialized insurance rider if you are carrying 90 gallons of fuel on a trailer. on your truck is one thing..trailer..another deal entirely.
    Interesting, never thought about the insurance aspect of it. I was more concerned about static electricity and such. Sounds like just sticking with portable transfer tanks would be best. Plus they are portable so if one ski ran out of fuel the other ski could bring some fuel in a portable can. Being flexible is always good.
    Last edited by K447; 03-30-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryntipton View Post
    Anyone ever heard of anyone using a tool box / fuel transfer tank combo on the front of their pwc trailer? Are the tanks that typically hold diesel safe for gasoline transfer?
    I looked at getting one of the tanks made for diesel and using it for my F550 gas truck. DOT wouldn't allow carrying gas in a transfer tank. Something about the stability of diesel over gas in larger quantities. You could look into a roller gas caddy that would hold 10+ gallons. Most of them have a manual pump/electric pump and hose to transfer, but are rated for gas.

Thread Information