Thread: IMUK RXP-X

IMUK RXP-X

Removed my intake with 5 hours on the engine. Oil came dripping out. Removed flame arrestor and can't believe how much oil was in there. Is this normal?
    I will be installing a catch can. Will that take care of the oil problem. Could the oil be overfilled? On my old ski I kept the oil level in the middle of the bends on the dip stick. The oil level on the new ski is well above that.
    Any comments would be welcome.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drewxp View Post
    Removed my intake with 5 hours on the engine. Oil came dripping out. Removed flame arrestor and can't believe how much oil was in there. Is this normal?
    I will be installing a catch can. Will that take care of the oil problem. Could the oil be overfilled? On my old ski I kept the oil level in the middle of the bends on the dip stick. The oil level on the new ski is well above that.
    Any comments would be welcome.
    both my 300s and my friends was over filled. My ic was full of sludge as well. I'd be curious to see what your ic looks like.

3. +1 by:

That is a good question. How do I check my IC. for oil? What did that do to your performance? I feel the ski was running good before this. Hopefully it didn't get to built up in there. Simple soap and hot water bath should work I think.
    Last edited by drewxp; 03-26-2017 at 12:18 PM. Reason: add on

+1
    Ac coil cleaner works great too, as it won't harm the aluminum and comes out squeaky clean

6. +1 by:

So I spent a lot of time doing the level 2 riva stuff this weekend. Holy shit! Every step was a bitch! Cold air intake - felt like I was so inept. Got it done , but I need to buy new clips for the fuel line to gas tank. My arms look like I was in a war. Intake manifold upgrade kit - how the hell are you supposed to get the o-ring to stay in its groove?........... WTF???? Hey Riva, how about some instructions that make sense! How the fuck do you make sure gas tank is strapped down correctly? Riva should be ashamed of themselves for such shitty instructions. I am quite capable of following instructions assuming I am given them to follow. HEY RIVA- WTF. Are you kidding me?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drewxp View Post
    So I spent a lot of time doing the level 2 riva stuff this weekend. Holy shit! Every step was a bitch! Cold air intake - felt like I was so inept. Got it done , but I need to buy new clips for the fuel line to gas tank. My arms look like I was in a war. Intake manifold upgrade kit - how the hell are you supposed to get the o-ring to stay in its groove?........... WTF???? Hey Riva, how about some instructions that make sense! How the fuck do you make sure gas tank is strapped down correctly? Riva should be ashamed of themselves for such shitty instructions. I am quite capable of following instructions assuming I am given them to follow. HEY RIVA- WTF. Are you kidding me?

The cold air intake kit comes with straps for the gas tank...

9. +1 by:

Thread Information