Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1

    What oil for 2013 RXP 260

    Can you guys tell me what oil to use in my 260? I attached a picture of the bottle the dealer sold me. I read somewhere afterwards you should not use synthetic oil in the supercharged models. Is this true? Also, how much oil will I need? Any oil change tips (It is my first time with this ski)?

    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-STROKE_FULLSYN_OIL_GROUP.jpg 
Views:	691 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	409348  


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jserr68594 View Post
    Can you guys tell me what oil to use in my 260? I attached a picture of the bottle the dealer sold me. I read somewhere afterwards you should not use synthetic oil in the supercharged models. Is this true? Also, how much oil will I need? Any oil change tips (It is my first time with this ski)?

    Thanks!

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41gRbJqA2yL.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	409349  

  3. #3
    I should run the synthetic blend instead of synthetic?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jserr68594 View Post
    I should run the synthetic blend instead of synthetic?

    they are semi synthetic.

  5. #5
    Any oil that is 10w40 and is Jaso MA M2 with API SL or SM or SN. Friends use Castrol 03130 Actevo 10W-40 Part Synthetic 4T Motorcycle Oil. Full synthetic is okay as long as its Jaso MA M2..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathylongasta View Post
    Any oil that is 10w40 and is Jaso MA M2 with API SL or SM or SN. Friends use Castrol 03130 Actevo 10W-40 Part Synthetic 4T Motorcycle Oil. Full synthetic is okay as long as its Jaso MA M2..

    So the oil that I have in the yellow bottle is okay then? The label doesn't say too much. Thanks!

  7. #7
    Eastside Powersports Slow 91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    4,296
    +1
    556
    For rec skis I prefer the Maxima stuff. Performance skis I run Brad Penn.

  8. #8
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    Posts
    7,437
    +1
    1,766
    synthetica oil is OK with

    ONE BIG BY THE WAY

    friction modifiers(in most syn oils) cause charger clutch slippage, Seadoo oil and amsoil synthetics have no modifiers and deemed ok to use in the seadoo s/c engine

    you must be sure the amsoil you use has that notation, seadoo oil is no problem in that regardprice is wallet flattening seeing that you'll be changing the oil at least yearly anyway
    unless your use is extreme its a little questionable in my view if I wouldn't be getting better engine life changing oil twice as much instead of using an oil that costs twice and much.


  9. #9
    ABBOTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, AL / Lay Lake
    Posts
    3,731
    +1
    97

    What oil for 2013 RXP 260

    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post

    [/B]its a little questionable in my view if I wouldn't be getting better engine life changing oil twice as much instead of using an oil that costs twice and much.
    So true. Couldn't have said it better

  10. #10
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,164
    +1
    168
    I always used Castrol gtx and changed it every 20 hrs max. Also checked the supercharger slip at the same time and never had an issue. My theory is always keep fresh oil in the motor but I'm also not the cruzing type. Maybe that will change know that I have eco mode but I dought it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 RXP 260 What Mods Next?
    By jserr68594 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2017, 09:25 AM
  2. What oil for rxtx 260
    By wave15stx in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 12:42 PM
  3. What oil for 2000 GP800Y
    By Boomer_069 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 11:06 AM
  4. What prop for stg1 RXP-X ?
    By FreakRXP1200 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 05:28 PM
  5. What OIL for Yamaha FX 140 03 ???
    By hajenhajen in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 12:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •