+1

2015 RXT-X ibr / potential other issues

Looking at a 2015 rxt-x 260 to purchase. I've read a few things regarding potential issues with the ibr. One post I read stated there was a recall for short ibr bolts with longer replacement bolts. I can't find any info about this recall and want to make sure the information stated in the post was accurate.

Also, are there any common issues with the rxt-260? I just remember the infamous ceramic supercharger washers that were prone to failure on some of the older models.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ajrunke View Post
    Looking at a 2015 rxt-x 260 to purchase. I've read a few things regarding potential issues with the ibr. One post I read stated there was a recall for short ibr bolts with longer replacement bolts. I can't find any info about this recall and want to make sure the information stated in the post was accurate.

Also, are there any common issues with the rxt-260? I just remember the infamous ceramic supercharger washers that were prone to failure on some of the older models.
    Before I bought my ski, I was really concerned about the iBR. I now have 340hrs and original iBR and I launch my ski pretty high and landing on it hasn't been an issue. Two times in its life I got the P1661 code which is a general iBR fault but pull key and restart and problem gone.

No "recal" on these generation iBR's (software updates but thats all).

Biggest issue with the '15 TX is the rear access panels leaking and causing the iBR to rust and harness issues from salt water dripping from plastic (warped) lids. If you don't ride salt water, no worries. If you do, go nuts and spray everything under lids with thick oily CRC spray. After BRP doing many warranty repairs on harnesses, they changed the 2016-up models and no longer have access panels back there. Don't think Wisconsin has any salt to worry about (except for roads) so you are good to go.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Before I bought my ski, I was really concerned about the iBR. I now have 340hrs and original iBR and I launch my ski pretty high and landing on it hasn't been an issue. Two times in its life I got the P1661 code which is a general iBR fault but pull key and restart and problem gone.

No "recal" on these generation iBR's (software updates but thats all).

Biggest issue with the '15 TX is the rear access panels leaking and causing the iBR to rust and harness issues from salt water dripping from plastic (warped) lids. If you don't ride salt water, no worries. If you do, go nuts and spray everything under lids with thick oily CRC spray. After BRP doing many warranty repairs on harnesses, they changed the 2016-up models and no longer have access panels back there. Don't think Wisconsin has any salt to worry about (except for roads) so you are good to go.
    Thanks for the detailed info. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 2015 rxt-x.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    The only iBR faults I ever got in 100 hours on my PX were related to voltage. One was a loose battery terminal, the other was state of charge. Same is true for my families GTX S. The battery started failing and corrosion had started on the terminal and it started showing iBR faults. Cleaning the terminals fixed it for a period until the battery eventually became too weak at which point a new battery solved it. In all cases the iBR would fault immediately during cranking and recover after.

+1
    I was concerned about the access hatches leaking and water dripping over the components especially since I ride mainly salt. I had some sheets of PVC that are used to make custom showers so I draped this over the iBR and battery so any water that does get through at least drips on the PVC then runs off the side and into the hull.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1300.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	409406   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1299.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	409407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1298.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	409408  

6. +1 by:

Thread Information