Rxp300 modding questions.

I just installed on my Rxp300...

Rear Exhaust
    RIVA stage 2 "intake, tuner, solas"

Now that i feel pretty confident about installing mods on the ski and not dropping shit into the dark abyss of the bilge, i think im going to also do a ribbon delete.

Do i have to worry about purchasing larger injectors or possibly top end work (retainers, springs)?

I would assume the maptuner is self explanitory? I havent gotten to flash the ski, as keep bolting more and more shit on. Will it direct me to a tune that is suitable for all the mods, or is it something i have to watch with an AFR gauge and log?

Is there anything else that should be done in the pump area with the addition of the impeller? I keep the ski in the water on a floating dock and pulling it out is a real pain. I would prefer to cover my bases now.

Thanks in advance guys!
    Joe
    Last edited by jbyrne23; 03-23-2017 at 02:21 AM.

We have been through this thorough process. The map tuner list two tunning maps on on Riv 2. With or without IMUK. Which is the intake manifold update kit. Basically drilles out end of intake at front with slick drill gig set up and pulls out giant internal coast guard mandated flame arresstor.( not really a ribbon like Spark or GP1800) Said to gain 1 psi in boost and certainly common sense dictates free flow air intake. The whole stage 2 kit with reflash is a really impressive full race boat like ride. 77mph in chop is a handfull. Bolt parts on and go. Are you running lots of flat water or rough water?
    Last edited by Seadoodoc; 03-23-2017 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadoodoc View Post
    We have been through this thorough process. The map tuner list two tunning maps on on Riv 2. With or without IMUK. Which is the intake manifold update kit. Basically drilles out end of intake at front with slick drill gig set up and pulls out giant internal coast guard mandated flame arresstor.( not really a ribbon like Spark or GP1800) Said to gain 1 psi in boost and certainly common sense dictates free flow air intake. Are you running lots of flat water or rough water?
    Thanks Seadoodoc. Im running in flat water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne23 View Post
    I just installed on my Rxp300...

Rear Exhaust
    RIVA stage 2 "intake, tuner, solas"

Now that i feel pretty confident about installing mods on the ski and not dropping shit into the dark abyss of the bilge, i think im going to also do a ribbon delete.

Do i have to worry about purchasing larger injectors or possibly top end work (retainers, springs)?

I would assume the maptuner is self explanitory? I havent gotten to flash the ski, as keep bolting more and more shit on. Will it direct me to a tune that is suitable for all the mods, or is it something i have to watch with an AFR gauge and log?

Is there anything else that should be done in the pump area with the addition of the impeller? I keep the ski in the water on a floating dock and pulling it out is a real pain. I would prefer to cover my bases now.

Thanks in advance guys!
    Joe
    Might want to rethink that Solas. I'll link why when I get to my laptop.

Edit: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=258475

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ighlight=solas
    Last edited by mrsprinkles; 03-23-2017 at 07:55 AM.

The map tuner reflash makes a HUGE difference. So it sounds like your not a stage 2 Riva but a stage 1. The Maptuner programmer is really fun to play with and feels and performs like money well spent. We jumped it over to another ski just for diagnostics and clearing codes.. worth the nontrip to dealer right there. Greenhulk sells them 10% off. Spinning these mtrs up in rpm is an expensive learning curve imop. My thought is if you can keep sub 8300 at 80 mph range be happy and run run it! I would buy a GP 1800 with Jerrys basic mods at 88mph before I went any further on rxpx.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadoodoc View Post
    The map tuner reflash makes a HUGE difference. So it sounds like your not a stage 2 Riva but a stage 1. The Maptuner programmer is really fun to play with and feels and performs like money well spent. We jumped it over to another ski just for diagnostics and clearing codes.. worth the nontrip to dealer right there. Greenhulk sells them 10% off. Spinning these mtrs up in rpm is an expensive learning curve imop. My thought is if you can keep sub 8300 at 80 mph range be happy and run run it! I would buy a GP 1800 with Jerrys basic mods at 88mph before I went any further on rxpx.
    I paired the maptuner to the ski yesterday and now i have a much better understanding of how it works. I never really delt with a pre determined tune before, but i guess its at least in the ballpark with the AFRs? Im going to be running the stage2+ IMUK. For the mods i have listed, including the flame arrestor removal.
    Last edited by jbyrne23; 03-24-2017 at 07:36 AM.

We deal with this on several machines. Like 215hp kit is known to run pig rich off idle. But its a safe dork rec boat tune. The 300 r2 seems way more refined and smooth. Monitoring AFR seems futile as you have no control over it any way .Riva Stage 2 claims on mph are greatly exagerated. Running solid 75mph but acceleration is brutal race boat territory. Im super happy with plus 8mph. Engine air flow and engine temp seems to me where the money lies on improvements. We loose 2 mph after first 5 min run . From 77 to 75 all day. Boat demands respect in rough water.

Thread Information