Finally got it in the water

So I finally road my 300 RXP-X last week. (had it since Oct). Learning key was switched with regular key, so first impression was wtf. Switched over to learning key and ---- YEAH!. After 2 plus hours it really woke up and I was starting to dig it. My old ski is a 2010 RXP-X 255 slightly modified. So, my feed back/question.... Does anyone else who is familiar with the 2010 255 feel like the 300 is really heavy feeling? Ski is in for supercharger bulletin right now. Stage 2 Riva kit will be installed when I get it back. Then up to a stage 3 once I get used to the stage 2. Will that help the feeling of PLOWING thru the water instead of riding ON the water?

+1
    My 08 rxp was awesome. Ran about 77mph and would just skip across the chop like an mx bike wot. I pick my new 300 up this Saturday and if it isn't snowing I'll be heading to the lake to try it out.

Cool ski! You will like it. My 2010 ran about 72 or 73. Looking forward to what 80+ feels like on smooth water. You will be very amazed at how fast you will be able to go over chop! I am old, but can handle the ruff stuff with the seat and foot holds.

+1
    Ya cant wait to try it out. Calling for snow this weekend but banking on the weatherman being wrong.

+1
    My rxpx with t3 felt like a freight train compared to my old rxp especially because I removed my opas. The ski felt even worse with the sponsons in "race". Felt like there was no fun and it was just a purpose built race machine.. then I put the sponsons up to "free ride" or whatever it's called and a lot of the fun nature came back and it didn't feel like I was always driving around on a razors edge. The t3 hull is even longer than the old rxt hulls but masks it's weight and length well once you get used to the ski like you were saying.

+1
    I have my sponsons set on Freeride as well and it adds a looser fun factor to it similar to the current GTI/GTR hull but with the advantage of handling shop with ease. Simply the best for my riding preferences even if it leans and sometimes does not track true at low speeds. It does feel like it weighs a ton though but you get used to it.

O.K. I will try and play with the sponsons. On another topic; Talked with Riva today about the solas impeller problem. The guy there said to look for a "t" on the back side in the casting. NOPE- not there. That equals sending back to Riva for the new one. Anyone have the same problem before bulleting there's.

Thread Information