Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

300 PX Steering bushings

Just had my 300 at the dealer for the s/c wheel replacement and steering issue(bushings are worn out at 40hrs) they had to argue with BRP for a week and a half to get them to honor warranty on it. Though a pain in the ass, this dealerships service and communication were top notch. Anybody else encounter premature failure of the steering bushings? 40hrs on the machine seems really low to have to replace bushings, I had almost a half inch of vertical play on the column.

+1
    I had the steering bushing get real bad on my 2013 PX at 60 hrs. BRP covered under warranty. My 300 PX is just fine at 30 hours.

+1
    At 109 hrs on my '12 there is zero axial play but a bit of radial play is present.

+1
    Is there a aftermarket bushing that is better wearing than the o.e?

+1
    What part are you talking about?

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....-STEERING-ASSY.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    37 and 29

+1
    I like how it's called a wearing lol. Can't believe brp hassled you over $20 in parts lol.

+1
    I've worn mine out pretty bad several times. I throw my ski into death grip high-speed turns and gave up replacing them as they wear out really fast on me (last bushings are 40hrs old).

I found the issue isn't so much the replacement bushings wear out, but the whole plastic hole they go into...which is part of the body/molding. So after a while, you can change the cheap white plastic bushing but its the I.D of the hole they fit into that becomes worn.

I would have gone with the Riva billet steering but its a joke IMO because it still fits inside the plastic hole (mostly for bling factor). Unlike the old days with a UMI steering conversion that was all aluminum and ball-bearings. The only company I know that has a proper steering system is idiartec (besides a custom made setup, which I may make).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    I've worn mine out pretty bad several times. I throw my ski into death grip high-speed turns and gave up replacing them as they wear out really fast on me (last bushings are 40hrs old).

I found the issue isn't so much the replacement bushings wear out, but the whole plastic hole they go into...which is part of the body/molding. So after a while, you can change the cheap white plastic bushing but its the I.D of the hole they fit into that becomes worn.

I would have gone with the Riva billet steering but its a joke IMO because it still fits inside the plastic hole (mostly for bling factor). Unlike the old days with a UMI steering conversion that was all aluminum and ball-bearings. The only company I know that has a proper steering system is idiartec (besides a custom made setup, which I may make).
    If you end up making a custom one, lemme know i'd definetly be interested.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    I like how it's called a wearing lol. Can't believe BRP hassled you over $20 in parts lol.
    I know it's ridiculous, but it is what it is. I see crazy warranty claims and and warranty denials everyday here in Chrysler land. Every manufacturer is like this now adays, it's unfortunate but for so long claim rules with most manufacturers have been very lax and dealers abused that. Now things have gone and done a 180. Sucks for the consumer, like everything a couple bad apples ruin the bunch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information