Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    32
    +1
    1
    Jeff, I Just started riding last year and enjoyed exploring the west side of Lake Muskoka...Bala to Pt Carling. Your two day trip sounds very interesting, where do you overnight? I'd definitely like to see all 3 lakes by PWC


  2. #12
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7670 View Post
    One of my favorite two day routes is doing the 3 Muskoka lakes. There is a self serve lock through Port Carling. Launch in Gravenhurst at the warf. The lakes are very deep so its care free riding.
    Hey I'll have to check it out, thanks for the tip. Did you camp out when you did that ride?

  3. #13
    jeff7670's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24
    +1
    1
    Just saw this message.

    I have not found a place to camp yet on the lakes aside from Santa's Village and its a rip off. I really want to find somewhere to camp on the northern two lakes. Honestly my favorite places to ride. Great beaches along the way too.

    My one day trip is usually through Port Carling (free self serve lock) to Bala. Have a packed lunch and walk through the town, then head back. I usually launch at the Wharf in Gravenhurst.
    Last edited by K447; 05-20-2017 at 11:06 PM.

  4. #14
    Bluffers park and marina, simcoe lake although bluffer ramp is closed by the city pretty much all the marinas in the area that are controlled by the city are closed due to the flood and they said they have no idea when they will open it

  5. #15
    clelly30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Waterdown
    Posts
    86
    +1
    4
    I like doing the muskokas as well and usually launch in gravenhurst. I usually only do day trips but if I go up with the old man and he brings the boat we sometimes park overnight at the kee and listen to who is ever playing that night.

    Id really like to get some riding in through the trent severn this summer seeing as how there are no lock fees for canada 150. Parks canada has some larger man made tent cabins along the Trent that I think can be rented. I saw them at the boat show this past winter.

  6. #16
    RGUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    Posts
    551
    +1
    55
    Georgian Bay Poker Run is July 8th. If you enjoy the sights and sounds of those large offshore boats you can see them pass between Midland and Parry Sound with the added bonus of riding some of the most scenic routes in the area.

  7. #17
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by clelly30 View Post
    I like doing the muskokas as well and usually launch in gravenhurst. I usually only do day trips but if I go up with the old man and he brings the boat we sometimes park overnight at the kee and listen to who is ever playing that night.

    Id really like to get some riding in through the trent severn this summer seeing as how there are no lock fees for canada 150. Parks canada has some larger man made tent cabins along the Trent that I think can be rented. I saw them at the boat show this past winter.
    Im doing the trent for a couple days at the end of July depending on weathe and water levels, im guess there will be more idle zones to protect property.

  8. #18
    clelly30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Waterdown
    Posts
    86
    +1
    4
    I thought about touring around rice lake just south of Peterborough but I have heard its shallow and weedy. Looks like a nice size though for a day trip.

    What part of the trent are you planning on doing?

  9. #19
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    180
    Water levels on all lakes are at record highs right now. At my cottage it's about 6 inches from coming over the Seawall and about an inch of water in the basement. If the levels stay this high I might avoid the trent, I will have to see what happens.
    Last edited by K447; 06-26-2017 at 10:47 PM.

  10. #20
    RGUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    Posts
    551
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by clelly30 View Post
    I thought about touring around rice lake just south of Peterborough but I have heard its shallow and weedy. Looks like a nice size though for a day trip.

    What part of the trent are you planning on doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    Water levels on all lakes are at record highs right now. At my cottage it's about 6 inches from coming over the Seawall and about an inch of water in the basement. If the levels stay this high I might avoid the trent, I will have to see what happens.
    DaTT is at Lock 19 (I believe) and rides Rice lake. You could message him to get an idea of the status of Rice lake and the Trent in that area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. looking for place to ride in Dallas Area
    By skoepp in forum Texas
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 10:35 PM
  2. looking for place to ride in Dallas Area
    By skoepp in forum Southwest
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 10:35 PM
  3. Favorite places to ride in Florida?
    By spaulding in forum Southeast
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 09:22 PM
  4. Places To Ride In CT
    By beerdart in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 06:12 PM
  5. Any places to ride in Jacksonville, NC
    By Phil in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2006, 08:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •