+1

Solas pump vein removal

Does anybody own or know of anybody that was able to remove the veins of the pump and how they did it I would figure it would be the same thing as the stainless steel wear ring just not sure any suggestions or help would be great

Quote Originally Posted by meinstein1987 View Post
    Does anybody own or know of anybody that was able to remove the veins of the pump and how they did it I would figure it would be the same thing as the stainless steel wear ring just not sure any suggestions or help would be great
    heat the pump in the oven at 200 degrees for an hour . Make sure the bolts are removed from the sides . Use a press "I have a harbor freight one " press the stator out . Now for the wear ring I used a big ass nut and bolt and put it in the pump . Loosed the nut so it would catch the lip on the wear ring and pressed it out . If you don't do that you can cut the ring out aswell .

+1
    Who sells replacement veins for the solar pump can't find them and Riva suggested replacing whole pump

Quote Originally Posted by meinstein1987 View Post
    Who sells replacement veins for the solar pump can't find them and Riva suggested replacing whole pump
    Contact Solas direct orrr try impros . They said they could fix my buddies veins . He just shipped it out so will see

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneRXT View Post
    heat the pump in the oven at 200 degrees for an hour . Make sure the bolts are removed from the sides . Use a press "I have a harbor freight one " press the stator out . Now for the wear ring I used a big ass nut and bolt and put it in the pump . Loosed the nut so it would catch the lip on the wear ring and pressed it out . If you don't do that you can cut the ring out aswell .

damn your lucky. I removed 2 wear rings in a solas pump and replaced them with 300 liners and it was one big PITA..they must use a Loctite or sleeve retainer when they install the liner, was near impossible.

+1
    Hold on so I can put a 161 ring and impeller in my 159 pump? If so what are benefits in hole shot and top and and what impeller would it stay the same a 15/19

+1
    I'm guessing it would lower rpm because it will have a little bit more surface area

+1
    ?

+1
    the 161 mm ring will fit in your pump but you have to change the prop too, 161 mm is what it is a 300hp stock.

Ya you can but you will need mods to turn it . My ski running 15 psi in winter temps and a cam ran 8500 rpm with the lucky 13 cone amd stock 300 prop . It actually bogs the ski on the holeshot . But the hook up is much better in the chop . Combine that with the riva pump and it's. Night and day better than stock pump

Thread Information