Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Seminole FL
    Posts
    658
    +1
    44

    Solas pump vein removal

    Does anybody own or know of anybody that was able to remove the veins of the pump and how they did it I would figure it would be the same thing as the stainless steel wear ring just not sure any suggestions or help would be great


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by meinstein1987 View Post
    Does anybody own or know of anybody that was able to remove the veins of the pump and how they did it I would figure it would be the same thing as the stainless steel wear ring just not sure any suggestions or help would be great
    heat the pump in the oven at 200 degrees for an hour . Make sure the bolts are removed from the sides . Use a press "I have a harbor freight one " press the stator out . Now for the wear ring I used a big ass nut and bolt and put it in the pump . Loosed the nut so it would catch the lip on the wear ring and pressed it out . If you don't do that you can cut the ring out aswell .

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Seminole FL
    Posts
    658
    +1
    44
    Who sells replacement veins for the solar pump can't find them and Riva suggested replacing whole pump

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by meinstein1987 View Post
    Who sells replacement veins for the solar pump can't find them and Riva suggested replacing whole pump
    Contact Solas direct orrr try impros . They said they could fix my buddies veins . He just shipped it out so will see

  5. #5
    Eastside Powersports Slow 91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    4,330
    +1
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneRXT View Post
    heat the pump in the oven at 200 degrees for an hour . Make sure the bolts are removed from the sides . Use a press "I have a harbor freight one " press the stator out . Now for the wear ring I used a big ass nut and bolt and put it in the pump . Loosed the nut so it would catch the lip on the wear ring and pressed it out . If you don't do that you can cut the ring out aswell .

    damn your lucky. I removed 2 wear rings in a solas pump and replaced them with 300 liners and it was one big PITA..they must use a Loctite or sleeve retainer when they install the liner, was near impossible.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Seminole FL
    Posts
    658
    +1
    44
    Hold on so I can put a 161 ring and impeller in my 159 pump? If so what are benefits in hole shot and top and and what impeller would it stay the same a 15/19

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Seminole FL
    Posts
    658
    +1
    44
    I'm guessing it would lower rpm because it will have a little bit more surface area

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Seminole FL
    Posts
    658
    +1
    44
    ?

  9. #9
    cyrillefrenchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    st pete beach florida
    Posts
    440
    +1
    28
    the 161 mm ring will fit in your pump but you have to change the prop too, 161 mm is what it is a 300hp stock.

  10. #10
    Ya you can but you will need mods to turn it . My ski running 15 psi in winter temps and a cam ran 8500 rpm with the lucky 13 cone amd stock 300 prop . It actually bogs the ski on the holeshot . But the hook up is much better in the chop . Combine that with the riva pump and it's. Night and day better than stock pump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tip of the day: Pump shoe removal & Re-alignment
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-30-2015, 06:30 PM
  2. FS Solas Aggressor12 Vein Pump
    By seatsR4toilets in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 08:19 PM
  3. Ultra 250 Pump Vein design
    By rxpstan in forum Kawasaki Tech Tips and Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 09:15 AM
  4. sharping pump veins ?
    By NCRXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 06:53 PM
  5. solas pump
    By jeremy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2005, 01:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •