Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    yeah its great they redid crowleys. spent 3+ million to redo the ramp and its absolutely horrible. you can only use it mid tide or higher. there is a 6x6 at the bottom of the ramp which you hit before the bottom of your ski is even wet. it is noce and wide though and the ramp itself is nice but very easy to get stranded and not e able to get the ski back on the trailer. i personaly use sweetwater river deck ramp if im going in up river. thats brand new as well and very nice. steep but nice. thats what you need to be able to get in and out of the river at all tides though. that ramp is no problem even with a blowout low tide. if im going down river then i use chestnut neck. both ramps are about 10 bucks. crowleys is free until memorial day weekend. a season pass at crowleys is $60 BUT its good for all or most of the state ramps.

+1
    Thanks for the info on Sweetwater, I had heard it had re-opened but haven't been there yet. Didn't even know they had a ramp. How is the restaurant? Food good, crowded on Saturday's?

+1
    Very crowded on Summer Saturdays but mostly with Bikers. I actually didn't know they had a ramp and I live a minute down the street.... However the food is good and the beer is cold. Can't comment on the ramp though, sorry..

+1
    yes the place is crowded on saturdays only after about 1pm BUT the ramp is separate on the other side of the fence, away from the restaurant and bar and the ramp is kinda quiet. i used it every weekend all last season. 90% of the time i had no wait and the other 10% i waited no more than 5 min. i also live only a mile down the street and that ramp is the best kept secret.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    yes the place is crowded on saturdays only after about 1pm BUT the ramp is separate on the other side of the fence, away from the restaurant and bar and the ramp is kinda quiet. i used it every weekend all last season. 90% of the time i had no wait and the other 10% i waited no more than 5 min. i also live only a mile down the street and that ramp is the best kept secret.
    Hi Neighbor..

+1
    hey, we will have to meet up at some point this season. if you see my ski sitting at ski beach, stop in and say hello. we are usually there or we hang out alot in collins cove near the mouth of the wading river.

7. +1 by:

+1
    I will keep an eye out. I am sure I've seen you on Ski beach before. I have the Blue Ultra300 and Blue 12F. Mostly during the week, but sometimes on the weekend if the traffic isn't too bad..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information