Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    jim c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    sweetwater, nj
    Posts
    586
    +1
    130
    yeah its great they redid crowleys. spent 3+ million to redo the ramp and its absolutely horrible. you can only use it mid tide or higher. there is a 6x6 at the bottom of the ramp which you hit before the bottom of your ski is even wet. it is noce and wide though and the ramp itself is nice but very easy to get stranded and not e able to get the ski back on the trailer. i personaly use sweetwater river deck ramp if im going in up river. thats brand new as well and very nice. steep but nice. thats what you need to be able to get in and out of the river at all tides though. that ramp is no problem even with a blowout low tide. if im going down river then i use chestnut neck. both ramps are about 10 bucks. crowleys is free until memorial day weekend. a season pass at crowleys is $60 BUT its good for all or most of the state ramps.


  2. #12
    CJ River Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    550
    +1
    60
    Thanks for the info on Sweetwater, I had heard it had re-opened but haven't been there yet. Didn't even know they had a ramp. How is the restaurant? Food good, crowded on Saturday's?


  3. #13

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sweetwater
    Posts
    1,016
    +1
    163
    Very crowded on Summer Saturdays but mostly with Bikers. I actually didn't know they had a ramp and I live a minute down the street.... However the food is good and the beer is cold. Can't comment on the ramp though, sorry..


  4. #14
    jim c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    sweetwater, nj
    Posts
    586
    +1
    130
    yes the place is crowded on saturdays only after about 1pm BUT the ramp is separate on the other side of the fence, away from the restaurant and bar and the ramp is kinda quiet. i used it every weekend all last season. 90% of the time i had no wait and the other 10% i waited no more than 5 min. i also live only a mile down the street and that ramp is the best kept secret.


  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sweetwater
    Posts
    1,016
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    yes the place is crowded on saturdays only after about 1pm BUT the ramp is separate on the other side of the fence, away from the restaurant and bar and the ramp is kinda quiet. i used it every weekend all last season. 90% of the time i had no wait and the other 10% i waited no more than 5 min. i also live only a mile down the street and that ramp is the best kept secret.
    Hi Neighbor..

  6. #16
    jim c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    sweetwater, nj
    Posts
    586
    +1
    130
    hey, we will have to meet up at some point this season. if you see my ski sitting at ski beach, stop in and say hello. we are usually there or we hang out alot in collins cove near the mouth of the wading river.

  7. +1 by:


  8. #17

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sweetwater
    Posts
    1,016
    +1
    163
    I will keep an eye out. I am sure I've seen you on Ski beach before. I have the Blue Ultra300 and Blue 12F. Mostly during the week, but sometimes on the weekend if the traffic isn't too bad..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. port washington ramp...
    By giguchan in forum Northeast
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 01:42 PM
  2. Lone star free ride in port aransas sept 18-19-20th
    By skigolfnut in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 11:17 AM
  3. SAYREVILLE ramp free launch for Sun 10/10
    By jetdave56 in forum Jersey Riders
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 07:40 AM
  4. Free Ramps in NJ
    By Mack77 in forum Jersey Riders
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 03:00 PM
  5. Pictures of my head being ported
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 08:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •