Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Performance Test Results: Dean's Team vs MapTunerX vs Others?

Hey guys,

So I'm curious, has their ever been a person that is neutral that has tried both the maptunerX and Dean's Team tune on a ski with similar mods and measured performance figures, not just top speed numbers?

Like for instance, 10mph-70mph? Or 0-50mph, etc? I'd love to see results like that on any platform, FX SVHO, FZS, GP1800? I know Riva is gonna do something soon I read somewhere?

I'm curious to see the difference amongst the tunes, and one way to see difference is those exact figures?

Obviously, it would help to do it in similar weather conditions, light chop, ski with same mods as the other. Etc?

In the automotive car world, people use 60-130mph measurements in seconds using a Performance Box from Racelogic. It'd be cool to see the difference in a ski. From stock and then modded

I don't know any stock wheel skis running in the 90s with anything other than deans flashes. Im more than happy with deans service and tune. Besides my ski ive done 4 other skis with different combos with his flash's and each ski run awesome.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by d00m View Post
    I don't know any stock wheel skis running in the 90s with anything other than deans flashes. Im more than happy with deans service and tune. Besides my ski ive done 4 other skis with different combos with his flash's and each ski run awesome.
    I have no doubt in his tunes and how great they are. I just wish we had more performance data to see before and after? It would be cool to know and see the differences from his tune and no tune.

As for the same with other tuning companies, ya know?

+1
    Just go look at who tunes the FZ's that win all the races....

6. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by stifun View Post
    I have no doubt in his tunes and how great they are. I just wish we had more performance data to see before and after? It would be cool to know and see the differences from his tune and no tune.

As for the same with other tuning companies, ya know?
    My friends running 82 with 3/4 tank with ribbon delete, intake and dean flash. He has $700 in mods and picked up 12 mph.

+1
    MaptunerX has a high precision built in accelerometer. We could write an APP for performance measurements. For Seadoo we could do it even better, then we can get the speed from the CAN bus. Let me know if there is any interest of an APP like this. But maybe hard to compare anyway. Depends much on the water and waves and how accurate the speedsignal are on the CAN bus. We could use an external GPS sensor for speed.

Racelogic have many good products for measure performance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by d00m View Post
    My friends running 82 with 3/4 tank with ribbon delete, intake and dean flash. He has $700 in mods and picked up 12 mph.
    As I said.... I'm not doubting deans tunes. Geez.... I guess I was misunderstood. LOL.

Just wish we had data to see the performance differences.

Data in time measurements versus your typical top speed figures.

+1
    This is a good question to ask for sure. As an analyst I struggled on which way to go given the lack of "comparable data". I primarily went with Riva (over Deans) because I wanted the ability to re-flshk back to stock settings myself (at home) if I needed to take the ski (GP 1800) in for warranty service.
    Once my ski is broken in, I'll do the stage 1 plus re-flash and the power filter intake kit. With these two upgrades, I expect to see 80+ mph. With that increase, I'm good to go.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBurgers View Post
    This is a good question to ask for sure. As an analyst I struggled on which way to go given the lack of "comparable data". I primarily went with Riva (over Deans) because I wanted the ability to re-flshk back to stock settings myself (at home) if I needed to take the ski (GP 1800) in for warranty service.
    Once my ski is broken in, I'll do the stage 1 plus re-flash and the power filter intake kit. With these two upgrades, I expect to see 80+ mph. With that increase, I'm good to go.
    Well, at least someone's understood what I'm trying to get at. In the automotive world you have data comparisons in performance to show the differences amongst modifications. A before and after, here you have Dean who does great tunes and his ski's are constantly winning and reliable setups. MaptunerX which is user friendly and can reflash at will which is useful.

No matter who you choose to go with, it's nice to see performance data.

13. +1 by:

I just posted performance data before he ran 70mph stock and 82 after. Dude this isn't a car you can't just datalog or go to the track and compare 330 or 1/8th mile times to 1/4 trap speeds etc.. Its a jetski you go off RPM and top speed #'s. What goal are you even trying to achieve? You're asking for information no one even cares about and is not going to help achieve anything. Rig up a vbox and let me know how it works out. LMAO

15. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information