Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which model will ride better GTR230X or RXPX 300?

I currently own a 2016 Yamaha FX SVHO and a 2016 GTI 155. While the 155 is significantly slower, I find myself wanting to ride it more because it rides so much better than my FX. I really like the GTR 230X because it has the same hull as my GTI but I like the RXPX 300 because of the power. I have no issue choosing the ride over power, I just want to make the right decision this time. I am going to take it in the ass depreciation wise on the Yamaha so I just don't want to make the wrong choice again.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by jason2298; 03-08-2017 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jason2298 View Post
    I currently own a 2016 Yamaha FX SVHO and a 2016 GTI 155. While the 155 is significantly slower, I find myself wanting to ride it more because it rides so much better than my FX. I really like the GTR 230X because it has the same hull as my GTI but I like the RXPX 300 because of the power. I have no issue choosing the ride over power, I just want to make the right decision this time. I am going to take it in the ass depreciation wise on the Yamaha so I just don't want to make the wrong choice again.

Any thoughts?
    the rxpx is a smoother and drier ride than that gtr .And carves like nothing else . Rxpx hands down .

not to mention faster too!

Thanks for the quick reply

+1
    I have been riding a gtr 230 for the past 5 weekends or so while my 300 is down. Its no 300 but It's actually a solid ski. It's basically the same hull as your GTI but capable of running 70. It's more playful and will slide and wash out in turns. The rxpx is just on rails.

+1
    I am surprised to read this.... the GTI hull prefered to the FX??

I have an RXPX with the sponsons set on Freeride. It is almost as playfull as the GTI hull (which I tried). It's better in rough waters than the GTI but is not as stable at lower speeds - it tends to lean to one side below 30 mi/hour or sometimes it does not track true at even lower speeds, say 15-20 mi/hour. It's a very deep V hull.

+1
    One lesson I learned on both my PX's (dealing with the tracking at low speeds):

I thought by adjusting the nozzle at the rear to compensate the pull to the right would fix it only to find that high speed tracking was then off a bit. Had to put it back because it's spot on above 60.

Funny that below 35 mph if I want to slightly turn the ski, I just put a little weight on the opposite side of the turn and I go through slight river bends now never touching the handlebars. Took a little getting used to.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Rxpx all day

+1
    At least you are trading the Yami in on a Sea-doo...No one has mentioned if you will ever be riding 2 up...if so you want the GTR..

+1
    What do you mean rides better??? I came off a 2010 Fxsho and love my rxtx300... much more fun to ride and still stay dry on the colder days...ive never ridden Rxpx and dont have any desire to...nothing against them but its just not my riding style ..i like to ride 3 up occasionaly and tow a skier or a tube as well as jump waves in the ocean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2298 View Post

Any thoughts?
    Depends on how you ride, I personally do not like the RXPX at all. The GTR, will slide around corners, and go over waves, and rides up higher. PX will cut through the wave, and carve a tight corner. They tend to crab when doing a slow speed turn. GTR is about 2 MPH slower than the RXP. PX is for aggressive riding and GTR is for recreational riding. For me I take the GTR all day long over an RXPX

What do you want?

BTW, RXT will give the best ride due to the size, its almost a boat in my opinion.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information