Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneRXT View Post
    what do you mean by handles better than the fx ? Last I checked the yamahas were winning races not the rxtx . Granted this is a rec environment not closed course race . But I'm on the fence about getting a fx or gp1800 .
    .....im speaking about my personal riding experience for recreational use having driven both...i could care less about who is winning races...

+1
    I am looking for a second ski and am leaning towards the gtr230 only because it seems a little more playful than the 300. I have rode the gtr and while it's a solid ski it's still easy to get the rear loose when you want to. The only hard decision is choosing between the 3 seater gtr and the 2 seater gtrx. Wish the options on the gtrx were available on the 3 seater. And a few more colours.

+1
    Keep in mind the GTR-X has a new deck material, some type of moulded compound. GTR has traditional fibre deck, which I prefer the looks of. I am guessing the moulded compound is a cost saving item, that may get rolled out to the entire product line in the future

+1
    But I'm on the fence about getting a fx or gp1800 .

Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Ik Ik , just sick of spending thousands a year replacing shit . Can't get more than 100 hrs out of motor mounts , jetpump seals are trashed , blowers well lets hope they are solid . Don't forget yearly carbon ring replacement and sinking . Just don't know if I can stand the feel of the Yamaha as it feels and looks like a 90s ski .

6. +1 by:

+1
    Ik Ik , just sick of spending thousands a year replacing shit . Can't get more than 100 hrs out of motor mounts , jetpump seals are trashed , blowers well lets hope they are solid . Don't forget yearly carbon ring replacement and sinking . Just don't know if I can stand the feel of the Yamaha as it feels and looks like a 90s ski .
    Yamaha has zero appeal to me, I wouldn't trade my '12 PX for a new GP even if it was a straight up swap. Well, maybe I would trade and then sell it and buy 300

Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Yamaha has zero appeal to me, I wouldn't trade my '12 PX for a new GP even if it was a straight up swap. Well, maybe I would trade and then sell it and buy 300
    I don't blame ya . If you don't have the issues I have than for sure . Can't beat the feel and looks of a t3 or s3 . But when you put 100 hrs a year on the ski it gets expensive and inconvenient . I'm about to go test this 161 prop so I'll let you know my results if I don't sink in this 35 degree weather

+1
    I started out on Yamaha's, had an 06 FX and a 13 FZS. Took a break from the sport a few years ago and bought a GTI when I started again and I know what the OP is talking about. Sold the GTI and got onto a 2014 FX recently but I've never been happy with the way it rides in chop despite everyone saying otherwise.
    The FX's ride hard on the nose, even when trimmed up. The GTI was lighter but still didn't slap as much as the FX, there is also lot to be said for nice thick fiberglass too...nanoexcel is brittle and you can feel it.
    I will probably change back to a Doo once they update the colors next season, just wish I could take the SHO motor with me!

Quote Originally Posted by boogtonic View Post
    I started out on Yamaha's, had an 06 FX and a 13 FZS. Took a break from the sport a few years ago and bought a GTI when I started again and I know what the OP is talking about. Sold the GTI and got onto a 2014 FX recently but I've never been happy with the way it rides in chop despite everyone saying otherwise.
    The FX's ride hard on the nose, even when trimmed up. The GTI was lighter but still didn't slap as much as the FX, there is also lot to be said for nice thick fiberglass too...nanoexcel is brittle and you can feel it.
    I will probably change back to a Doo once they update the colors next season, just wish I could take the SHO motor with me!
    watching videos t does seem to slap hard . That's what my 08 rxtx did and one of the reasons I sold it . Can't stand that shit . On top of getting your soaked in the chop .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information