SeaDoo GTX 155 vs FX HO vs Ultra LX

Recently purchased a 2008 GTX 155 and have been super pleased with it. Had 130 hours on it and runs well. No issues and am now looking for a second PWC.

Ive owned a Polaris SL750 and a pair of VX110s in the past. Bought the GTX at a more than fair price and have the bug again. Looking at the 3 above skis and maybe add the STX-15F as a look as well.

Im mostly going to be touring and enjoying riding. Will likely trailer down to the gulf and ride there as well. Biggest lake will include Lanier and possibly up and down the TN River. Mostly day trips and excursions.

What are the pros and cons of the above machines. Local dealers include only Yamaha and Kawasaki with Seadoo about an hour away. Maintenance will be done by me along with simple repairs.

Speed is not an overwhelming consideration, but would love to be able to go at least mid 50's. Mostly comfort, especially in chop, storage and being able to carve around and have fun. Obviously not as flickable as the older 2 stokes but would like to be able to enjoy carving around. Reliability is also paramount. Would possibly be able to stretch the budget a little and end up getting 2 STX 15F. Unsure just yet. The 2016 have a $750 rebate currently on the Kawi. Dealer support locally is also important.

Thoughts?

Damn,
    Im looking for the same Skies, its a shame that there are no Input in this Thread. I am also looking forward to purchase a reliable Mid Range PWC. Which would be the bast "Bang for the Buck" and the most reliable?

Iīve got a 9m Steelboat which is lokated in the northern Netherlands, this would be the main area for the Ski too. Its sweet lake and River Water with none to 1m Waves. The second application area would be the Croatian Adria (northern Mediteranien Sea), with Salt Water and all kind of Waves and Winds.

For the reliability and durability speaks a NA Ski, there for:

Kawasaki STX 15F:

- the fastest of the NA Skies since showing up
    - manual reverse (but keep it simple could be cound as pro)
    - Motor is tested reliable since Years
    - open cooling System
    - smaller and more nimble, but also not as comfortable as the copetitors

Seadoo GTI 155:

- close loop cooling
    - reliable Rotax Engine (didnīt find much negative about the NA Engine)
    - IBR
    - Seadoo Design and Features
    - I heard the Rotax Engine use less fuel than the Kawa and Yami Engines, true?

Yamaha FX HO/ VXR:

- when it comes to reliability there is always Yamaha the Top Tier called
    - the biggest displacement and the most HP
    - with the Nano Xell Hull it could beat the STX in top speed
    - open cooling

Damn,
    Im looking for the same Skies, its a shame that there are no Input in this Thread. I am also looking forward to purchase a reliable Mid Range PWC. Which would be the best "Bang for the Buck" and the most reliable?

Iīve got a 9m Steelboat which is lokated in the northern Netherlands, this would be the main area for the Ski too. Its sweet lake and River Water with none to 1m Waves. The second application area would be the Croatian Adria (northern Mediteranien Sea), with Salt Water and all kind of Waves and Winds.

For the reliability and durability speaks a NA Ski, there for:

Kawasaki STX 15F:

- the fastest of the NA Skies since showing up
    - manual reverse (but keep it simple could be cound as pro)
    - Motor is tested reliable since Years
    - open cooling System
    - smaller and more nimble, but also not as comfortable as the copetitors

Seadoo GTI 155:

- close loop cooling
    - reliable Rotax Engine (didnīt find much negative about the NA Engine)
    - IBR
    - Seadoo Design and Features
    - I heard the Rotax Engine use less fuel than the Kawa and Yami Engines, true?

Yamaha FX HO/ VXR:

- when it comes to reliability there is always Yamaha the Top Tier called
    - the biggest displacement and the most HP
    - with the Nano Xell Hull it could beat the STX in top speed
    - open cooling

Currently we have a 2016 Kawasaki Ultra LX and a 2013 Sea Doo Wake 155. I like both. I really like the IBR on the Sea Doo, but having first started using personal watercraft in the late 90's and early 2000, I learned to ride without have a brake. I can't remember if the 1997 Yamaha WaveVenture 1100 that I owned had reverse. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the skis that you are interested in. I do know that if anything goes wrong with the Sea Doo IBR or the Yamaha Ride that it is an additional expense.

Between the Kawasaki Ultra LX and the Sea Doo Wake 155, I like the Kawasaki better and my son likes the Sea Doo Wake better. Thus, the Wake is his and the Ultra LX is mine. We ride on TVA lakes in NC and GA.

Thread Information