Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Water Cooling Manifold replacement ultra 150

Well I tested my ultra 150....and got water in hull...so I took seat off to test,and found a hole in Water Cooling Manifold ....close to where water comes in from pump

Anyone replace one while engine in hull.....also...ive seen other people post failure on this part....is there an aftermarket part for it

Btw: I can put my finger over hole....after I turn ski off...i can hear it draing out....i thought it was a bolt missing....i think head and manifold gaskets are good....they aren't leaking....just a hole on manifold .....i want to buy one tonight....but wish there's a better replacement

yes, not really that big of a deal 8 10mm nuts holding it on and one cooling hose, bolt hole on rear cylinder has a black wrap to hold starter cable. you can do it in hull just remove spark plugs to give yourself alittle more room. i might have an extra manifold if you are interested. common issue

Thanks man....ill do it.....and how much do you want for manifold,if you have an extra

Quote Originally Posted by moko View Post
    Thanks man....ill do it.....and how much do you want for manifold,if you have an extra
    I will pm you once i get home and look in my parts bin, i was saving one just in case and im sure i have an extra

+1
    Got pics of this hole. Why cannot these be TIG welded. They are aluminum correct ?

Thanks Turboman.....but I can just order a used on eBay...i see one on there......so you can keep yours for a backup

They are 45-50 on ebay, aslong as i have an extra i would give it away for 30 shipped

+1
    It would seem to me that applying some sort of coating to the inside of a new one would solve this problem. Where I work, in the oilfield, there are lots of corrosion preventive compounds for pipe, but they're typically specialized and expensive. Guess I'll have to look into it more.

Thanks Turboman...let me know if you have one

Good idea Steve.....would like to make better....or kawi Will have to sell them in a bakers dozen ....lol

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information