fx 140 jims ride plate

hey all i have an fx 140 that the bearings went. so it messed up the wear ring and impeller. so while i was at it i was wondering if jim does a cut on a 140 ride plate and should i get the solas that comes in the riva kit or get get someone to rework it? i already have the riva stacks and power filter btw

heres a pic of the fist housing i think im just going to get my dremmel and clean it upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5734.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	408334

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    hey all i have an fx 140 that the bearings went. so it messed up the wear ring and impeller. so while i was at it i was wondering if jim does a cut on a 140 ride plate and should i get the solas that comes in the riva kit or get get someone to rework it? i already have the riva stacks and power filter btw
    A better plate to put on that ski is the 08-11 fx sho stock plate modded.

+1
    heres a pic of the fist housing i think im just going to get my dremmel and clean it upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5734.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	408334
    Since that damage is to the 2" spacer and not the wear ring A good clean up should be just fine. Prop and wear ring are the critical parts that need to be good shape to avoid cavation. I would just buy a solas prop new. If you ski is 2004-2007 FX 140 I would use a solas YF-CD-12/18 for max rpms or a YF-CD-13/19 Which may not alow you to reach max rpms unless you have a heavily modded motor ( stacks and air fliter does not add that much HP) Tommy Jordan
    Last edited by 2fast4u; 03-04-2017 at 05:17 PM.

man thanks tommy! yes im gonna buy that solas 12/18 and a new wear ring also my bearings trashed my pump body (dont know what to call it) so i have to get that too oh well its a 10 yr old ski and still runs great

+1
    man thanks tommy! yes im gonna buy that solas 12/18 and a new wear ring also my bearings trashed my pump body (dont know what to call it) so i have to get that too oh well its a 10 yr old ski and still runs great
    The part that the bearings go in is called a pump "stator" FYI look at this link http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=258361

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    A better plate to put on that ski is the 08-11 fx sho stock plate modded.
    ok thanks jim!

does anyone have a pump assembly for sale that fit a FX140? right now I'm looking a a SBT rebuild kit with the stator, solas 12/18 and a few parts off of the GH site. I was wondering if there was a vendor on here that I could buy all the stuff and have it assembled- WFO maybe?

Thread Information