Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Cool Mississippi Connection !

New member here on the coast of Mississippi. I don't have a ski right now but will soon. I'm looking at the yamaha GP1800 or Seadoo RXP300, any input is welcome. Would like to meet up with others in the area and hopefully ride when I finely get my Machine.

+1
    Let us know when you are up and riding. There are quite a few of us in the area that ride year round.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KawaKing06 View Post
    Let us know when you are up and riding. There are quite a few of us in the area that ride year round.
    Be careful riding with Kawaking. Met him in Pascagoula for a ride Saturday morning and he brought a ski that wouldn't start...and made me let him ride on the back of my ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Donkey View Post
    Be careful riding with Kawaking. Met him in Pascagoula for a ride Saturday morning and he brought a ski that wouldn't start...and made me let him ride on the back of my ski.
    You wish I would ride on the back of your ski! The yamaha is suffering just a minor set back. I mean hell, it's on the second motor, and about to turn 400 hours after 2 and half years of constant abuse, she's bound to wear out some parts here and there...

+1
    Seriously, there's some great places to ride on the MS coast...Back bay Biloxi, Pascagoula River marsh, barrier islands.

My recommendation is to get a ski good for tour riding...blasting around on a sport ski gets old quick.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LordComp View Post
    New member here on the coast of Mississippi. I don't have a ski right now but will soon. I'm looking at the yamaha GP1800 or Seadoo RXP300, any input is welcome. Would like to meet up with others in the area and hopefully ride when I finely get my Machine.

Welcome to the forum LordComp. We ride in that area several times a year also. It's a great area to ride. I have a group on Facebook. I can add you if you'd like. Look me up on Facebook (Gregg Tate Jr). As far as a recommendation on a ski, I think you'd be happy with either of the ones you mentioned but some people will debate that until you're blue in the face. I have a 16 FX SVHO and had a 2011 Kawi 300x. I would recommend either. I also have a 2012 FZR and 2014 Kawi 310x that belongs to a friend of mine that's away in the Army. They are nice skis also. Do some research and just go with which one best meets the style of riding you'll be fine. I look forward to see you on the water soon.

Best regards Gregg
    Last edited by tateknives; 03-16-2017 at 09:16 PM.

+1
    Gregg is right...when you ask about opinions on skis you'll get many different recommendations and don't even think about asking what brand everyone likes. PWCer's are more brand loyal than hillbillies at the mud bog.

What hull does the GP1800 have? Same or similar to the FX's? You definitely want to stay away from the flatter hulls like the VX's or Kawi STF's if you want to ride larger lakes or the Gulf.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Donkey View Post
    Oh brother... Tell it, but tell it right: He wanted my 'Doo!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Oh brother... Tell it, but tell it right: He wanted my 'Doo!
    Yep, I saw him clamping his fuel line when I pulled up…then he did a superb acting job making us think he was mad at it.

+1
    I made it out to horn island 2 weeks ago it was rough but i got a new ski and wanted to see how it would handle rough water, be glad when it starts getting warmer in the mornings so i dont have to wait till 10:00 to be warm enough to ride i like riding early when all the birds and fish are out.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information