Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

STAGE 3 intercooler tune. Experts chime in!

Hello, I wanted to start this thread because this is a separate issue from the others regarding the Fizzle and Water in oil. That is fixed thank God. So, i ran the ski a a few days in a row this weekend and it just didnít seem like it was pulling like it should. I feel like when i had the factory intercooler and the stage 1 tune it ran better. Naturally, when upgrading the tune and intercooler i would expect more pull and top end. First off, there is a TON of cavitation, from a 5mph roll it will hit the limiter 7-10 times. I have a pump wedge and was told it increases volume and will allow more cavitation by decreasing pump efficiency. should i get rid of it? maybe a pump cone? or pitch to 13/19?

Secondly, I definitely hear the engine revving really high, I mean it screams! But not hearing the hiss of the SC as much. Its like the wheels are spinning but not making the power? or traction? Like when you punch it and you hear that pssssssssssssssssssss knowing its making boost etc. I thought maybe a boost leak so I checked all hoses and some were loose but not off, so a cranked them down tight! My tach is so finicky that I have not been able to get an accurate reading. Iíve been through so many tachs and have wired them so many ways and it seems to have such a poor signal. Last it worked its read 86xx rpm and 80.3 gps.
    Thirdly, there is a strange resonance/vibration between 3500-4500 not sure if its normal because of the tune and exhaust mod. Its almost like a spudder then it cleans up past 4500 rpm and is smooth. Its not terrible but noticeable because it didnít do it before. I sent back to dean and he says the tune is solid and his test ski with less mods runs 83+\
    Maybe itís as simple as a boost leak but I havenít found it yet. Any suggestions please share. Im tired or throwing parts at it hoping to fix it. make it right. Maybe someone local can come take a look? Thanks for your help!

+1
    what prop do are you running?

+1
    Solas 13/18

+1
    I'd try it with out the wedge and see its any different

5. +1 by:

+1
    Yea. Maybe. What else can it be. I can try that...

+1
    Take it to Jim already lol

8. +1 by:

+1
    i wish i could do that haha im up in connecticut, not much help up here, i do my work myself and sometimes i have to do things a couple times to get it right. but i sure do learn alot, the forum helps out huge

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by svhokid View Post
    i wish i could do that haha im up in connecticut, not much help up here, i do my work myself and sometimes i have to do things a couple times to get it right. but i sure do learn alot, the forum helps out huge
    I know I mean Dan who lives in FL should drop it by Jim...get straightened out real quick.

11. +1 by:

+1
    deffintly. what im saying its nice for you guys to be local to all the leaders in the sport. it makes life so much easier when you run across an issue

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by svhokid View Post
    deffintly. what im saying its nice for you guys to be local to all the leaders in the sport. it makes life so much easier when you run across an issue
    Very true. I've got Jim 10min away from my house and Deans an hour away lol. Oh and Riva is a 3hr drive...

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information