Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2017 Sea Doo RXT X 300 Break In and first mods recommend. Blow off valve?

Hey all, I just purchased the new 2017 Sea Doo RXT X 300. So far I absolutely love it. I am at 5 hours on the break in period. The first hour I let it go all over the RPM range and only Wot for one second towards the end of the first hour. It still pulled hard. At the 3 hour mark is when it decided to open up even more. I think the ski registers the minutes vs hours as I can feel and hear differences with the power before the hour changes.

As some note the ski does pull to the right a little bit. Any thoughts on this?

I am at 5 hours now and saw boost almost at 100% for a second. I have been very careful during the break in. 1 and 2 hours one hour at a time then took out of water then hours 3 to 5 at once. Guys I bought it from did a great job on the bolts and hose clamps.

Do you guys recommend changing the oil at 10 hours? Manual says at 25 hours I believe.

So I ordered the stage 1 RIVA kit and the through hull exhaust last night. Can't wait! Anyone have any recommendations for me with these mods and still being at 5 hours? What difference will I see with it stock between the 5 - 10 hour mark?

What do you guys think about the intake grate ? I hear the factory grate is really great all around from out of the hole to top end. I read aftermarket grates will get you better low end but lose top end some.

I'll also tell everyone that making the decision on RXP X vs RXT X was very difficult even the white or red decision was hard. I went with RXT and Lava Red. It looks sick in the water and drives unbelievable. Water doesn't even come into the floor of the ski when launching.

At the 5 hours mark I ran with a Sho and it didn't stand a chance catching me in the chop from the island then cross the inlet to the waterway. The Sea Doo excels at everything you throw at it.

What is the best place to install the rear exhaust? Should I mark the average water line then drill the hole dead center of that line? Or measure the line when the ski is underway?

Any input on these mods would be greatly appreciated. I want to go to stage 2/3 but I do not want to sacrifice any holeshot or midrange power. I think I'll go Riva everything unless someone tells me there is better out there. I see people are talking to Jerry? On these forums about their own kits? Thoughts?

The stage 1 kit comes with the K & N filter also. Has anyone ran into problems with water getting into it at all? I know it comes with a cover for it...

I also want to do a blow-off valve for the ski. What's the best one to get? I like blipping the throttle and letting people hear that supercharger and turn heads. Sea Doo did a great job with this ski now I want to make it shine even more.

I'm by Wrightsville Beach NC if anyone is close by and wants to ride. I am Looking for to seeing a new GP 1800 on the water to give it a real test. I've been a GP800R and GP1300R fan all my life but had to go with Sea Doo this time around. The lines and power of the ski are second to none.

Hope everyone gets their ski I top notch as summer is right around the corner!

Best,

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170222_111333209.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	407923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170223_085636869.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	407924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170221_143818677.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	407925Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170222_111545.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	407926

New Ski one the way home and safe in the garage with 0 hours on the dash! Love the Lava Red!

+1

Graphics and seat covers

Also could anyone on Hulk tell me where to get a bada** graphics kit or seat cover for my 2017 RXT X 300?

I like looking a bit different from all the other skis out there and I know there is going to be tons of these new RXT/P showing up everywhere!

I have been told that RXT X with RIVA stage one kit is 2+ MPH faster than the RXP X after the upgrades. Is this true only only faster when you get to stage 2/3?

Looking to see 82-85 MPH in mine this summer. I ordered the SCOM and know I'll have a tune coming soon. Everyone recommend going with the SCOM until more hours are on the ski or go ahead and make the jump to a tune?

Thanks in advanced.

P.S. what a great feeling not having to watch all the YouTube videos anymore and can go out and experience it!!!

4. +1 by:

+1
    A BOV is not needed or should be used on a SD.

+1
    Guidoo, Blow Off Valve not needed on Sea Doo? What if I wanted to add one just for the sound? Will it also not help it remove pressure from the motor ?

Or were you stating that you cannot install one on the RXT X 300?

Thanks so much.

+1
    I just reached 12 hours on mine, Flash and did a 4" rear about 8250 rpm's now seeing 77MPH, goal is to hit 80 and leave it alone...
    Whatever you do bro don't put that damn Solas shit is still breaking

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk. Congrats on a killer ski. Forget the BOV......until you install a Turbo. A search of the forum will show you a BOV in a supercharged ski just doesn't work well and kills performance. Your goal of 82-85 mph with a Riva stage 1 and SCOM is a pipe dream. An ECU reflash to bypass all the OEM limiters is a much much better investment and your 82-85mph goal NOW becomes attainable!

I suggest you slow down on the mods and break in your ski, enjoy it, do a lot more research!

+1
    JPT7779, yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing about BOV but wasn't really sure but wanted something for a little extra with the exhaust. I plan on doing a solid break in with the Ski for sure. I'm thinking next year for the mods to get into 80+ MPH club. Was asking more if the SCOM was worth the investment now with plans for the ECU flash down the road. With the SCOM only being a couple hundred bucks seems like it will be fine with what it delivers for the summer.

Tell me about the RXT Turbo..... What kind of turbo and how much boost do you get out of it and top end speed? What made you want to do the SC to Turbo swap? I suppose to be different and like how turbo lays the power out?

Thanks for the advice!

+1
    If your doing the ECU later don't by the scom. You just run a stock tune which is the same as a scom then you can load new tunes as you upgrade. That way youll save some money, can't resell a scom. Itll only work on one ski.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Portcitywhaler View Post
    JPT7779, yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing about BOV but wasn't really sure but wanted something for a little extra with the exhaust. I plan on doing a solid break in with the Ski for sure. I'm thinking next year for the mods to get into 80+ MPH club. Was asking more if the SCOM was worth the investment now with plans for the ECU flash down the road. With the SCOM only being a couple hundred bucks seems like it will be fine with what it delivers for the summer.

Tell me about the RXT Turbo..... What kind of turbo and how much boost do you get out of it and top end speed? What made you want to do the SC to Turbo swap? I suppose to be different and like how turbo lays the power out?

Thanks for the advice!
    The Search function will answer most of your questions with thorough research! The SCOM is very limited and does NOT remove the OEM boost, rpm, and toque limiters. Which is why damn near everyone here will advise you to invest in an ECU reflash or a Motec ECU which is the Lamborghini of ECU mods, over a SCOM. Just fully understand what it does and can NOT do.

I started this sport in 2005, 4 ski's later, lots of mods, lots of $$$$, the GRF Turbo kit was the next logical step. Myself and others were some of the first guys to be test dummy's for Evan and his GRF kit. It is far superior to any SC ski. I have a electronic boost controller that has 9 positions to dial a boost on the fly. 15 to 30 psi boostwith the flip of a switch. My good friend Glade Rider with an identical ski has run 94.2 mph!

GRF Turbo setup is in a whole another league of reliability and performance!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information