+1

Listen to this story of a wonderful Sea-Doo dealer

So I have a buddy went on a river run going full speed ran over a submerged crab trap...... Need less to say broke intake grate fucked pump and shaft and some fiber glass damage.

Took it to Sea-Doo dealer and they did what is shown in pictures.....

1) boil out water in oil....... Um how no water got in hull extra charge for nothing

After all they did they gave it back and he took it for a ride.....

Was running funny and smoking alot and he was on way back to ramp and it shuts off.......

Checks oil and dipstick has no oil on it.....

Engine still starts but makes horrible sounds and vibration awesome job guys awesome job

Told him to call Sea-Doo and tell them situation and that he wants a new engine not rebuilt he wants new....

What do you guys think

+1
    I check my oil and do a quick visual inspection of my ski every time I leave the driveway.

Sucks though, sounds like most dealers out there are just terrible.

+1
    Yes I do to but serious they just did 1400 in repairs on an rxtx 260 and for got oil and also did boil out that was not needed but did they do the boil out without any oil in there lol

+1
    And it will cost your buddy more to fight it in court than to fix it. What did the dealer have to say???

Did they just shrug their shoulders and claim it wasn't their fault? Curious as to their reaction to this...

Obviously the owner would not take the time to drain the oil, ride it so that it locks up, and bring it back. I don't know anyone in their right mind that would do that (or have the time)....
    So obviously they know they f**cked up, but do they even care is the question. Highway robbery in my opinion.

Hope he's on the phone with BRP Corporate.

I'd take a flame thrower up in that place just for principle. Unreal yet a very common story.

+1
    He just took it back yesterday no word though as of yet I would expect a word this week

+1
    He may have damaged the PTO oil seal/bearing when he suck up the crab trap/rope. Oil leaked out when he rode it again. However, when the oil goes low, Oil light and buzzer comes on so...... I wonder what the dealer did for $1400.

+1
    Not true about buzzer I have once had about just the tip of stick with oil on it and while running showed no oil on stick and I had no buzzers or lights luckily I caught it before going wide open and or damaging something but was cruising around just not wot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meinstein1987 View Post
    Not true about buzzer I have once had about just the tip of stick with oil on it and while running showed no oil on stick and I had no buzzers or lights luckily I caught it before going wide open and or damaging something but was cruising around just not wot
    You are saying there is no low oil, or low oil pressure warning on the 4-tech motors??

+1
    No I'm just saying when it happen to me I did not get warning but was lucky and checked before anything serious happened

Thread Information