Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

+1

candoo pro gps module and warranty

Does installing the candoo pro gps module void the warranty on a Kawasaki Ultra 300/310 ? I know the unit allows for higher RPM, essentially doing the same this the SCOM does. Thanks. referring to product in below link

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=2625

+1
    Thread can be closed. Received response from Candoo, which is probably what I whould have done in the first place.

Not sure... I’ve heard some seadoo dealers are voiding the warranty when
    the module is installed. I wouldn’t be surprised, because you are making
    the engine work in extremes it wasn’t warrantied to do.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    Matthews
    www.candoopro.com

+1
    Am i missing something here? I have the CandoPro on my Yammy. It provides GPS speeds ( not sure how that can effect RPMs or cause any warranty issues.

+1
    I should clarify my statement. Based on what I have read on this site, the Candoo Pro GPS Module for Kawasaki Ultra 300 and 310 models allows the ski to surpass the 70mph and the restricted RPM (although it displays in Kilometers instead) mark without having to install a SCOM. I am verifying that with Candoo since not everything we read on the internet is true. If that statement it true, then I would not see the need for the SCOM. I am awaiting a response from Candoo.

I thought I would jump in here and post our response to Ken. In the info posted above, Dennis thought that Ken was asking if the Riva SCOM voided warranty, not if our GPS module voided warranty.

Here is what I wrote to Ken:

Yes, that is true it (our GPS Module) can eliminate the need for SCOM, but only if you apply the trick of simply recalibrating our module to allow the cluster to display the KPH value as MPH.

Here are some points to consider:

1. The Riva SCOM is advertised and sold as a device to bypass the speed limiter. Our GPS is advertised and sold as a device to give you a more accurate speed by replacing the signal from the paddle wheel sensor. We don’t advertise it as a means of defeating the speed limiter. So a dealer would have no idea our device was being used to defeat the speed limiting feature. There is no impact to vehicle reliability by simply providing a more accurate speed signal to the cluster.
    2. If there was even a slightest bit of remaining concern, if your ski should blow up for whatever reason, before taking it to the dealer, just remove the Candoopro GPS module, it just simply unplugs and can be removed in a couple minutes; there is no evidence it ever was there from a physical sense.
    3. There is no information stored in the JetSki ECU regarding speed or any history associated with using our device. There is no way to know if our device was ever installed on a ski. (we sell a version of our diagnostics tool for Kawasaki Jetskis, so we are very familiar with what is stored in the ECU…)

Anyway, it is debatable if Kawasaki could deny warranty by using the SCOM in the first place. So your risk of using our device is basically no risk at all….

Jeff

+1
    Thanks for updating the thread Jeff.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    I thought I would jump in here and post our response to Ken. In the info posted above, Dennis thought that Ken was asking if the Riva SCOM voided warranty, not if our GPS module voided warranty.

Here is what I wrote to Ken:

Yes, that is true it (our GPS Module) can eliminate the need for SCOM, but only if you apply the trick of simply recalibrating our module to allow the cluster to display the KPH value as MPH.

Here are some points to consider:

1. The Riva SCOM is advertised and sold as a device to bypass the speed limiter. Our GPS is advertised and sold as a device to give you a more accurate speed by replacing the signal from the paddle wheel sensor. We don’t advertise it as a means of defeating the speed limiter. So a dealer would have no idea our device was being used to defeat the speed limiting feature. There is no impact to vehicle reliability by simply providing a more accurate speed signal to the cluster.
    2. If there was even a slightest bit of remaining concern, if your ski should blow up for whatever reason, before taking it to the dealer, just remove the Candoopro GPS module, it just simply unplugs and can be removed in a couple minutes; there is no evidence it ever was there from a physical sense.
    3. There is no information stored in the JetSki ECU regarding speed or any history associated with using our device. There is no way to know if our device was ever installed on a ski. (we sell a version of our diagnostics tool for Kawasaki Jetskis, so we are very familiar with what is stored in the ECU…)

Anyway, it is debatable if Kawasaki could deny warranty by using the SCOM in the first place. So your risk of using our device is basically no risk at all….

Jeff

Im a big supporter of the Candoo speed module and promote it here and on FB it's great it is to see your real speed #s and override the limiter by disconnecting the paddle wheel and running a separate circuit ...

But just can't see how a Kawasaki tech could retrieve data from the ECU and not see 8000 + RPMs ... He's gonna suspect something was tampered with .. What are we missing here?

What you are missing is the fact that the Kawi dealer tool (KDS3) cannot read run time history, because the ECU doesn't store this data. When it comes to diagnostics, and the electrical systems in general, Kawasaki is years behind BRP when it comes to technology. They like to keep things very simple.

+1
    Well that's a surprise since warranty claims are denied for a use of the SCOM as research data is collected and shows peak rpms .. hmmm and that what most believed..
    I don't have any software (KDS) so never researched

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    the Kawi ECU logs engine run time
    the Kawi ECU WILL log max rpm ( over OEM set limit) when / if a fault code situation occurs if you are exceeding the max RPM ( 76..rpm ) or what ever it was

so basically if you are lucky enough to never lodge a fault code then you could get away with it.

but if your holding it WOT and you log a oil temp , or low oil , or over heat etc KAWI CAN see the extra RPM gained from a scom ..........

and to try and blame a stuck speedo wheel can work , but you max speed would need to reflect this when the fault happens...

Waz

this I know for sure

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information