+1

Arp Bolt upgrade on 300TX

Has anyone ever preformed the ARP bolt upgrade on a 300 TX while leaving motor in hull? Looks like a PITA but I figure I will ask anyway. Thanks in advance.

+1
    If it's the same as the 260's (which I'm 99% sure it is) all you need to do to get in there is remove the left engine mount to get the pto off. BUT holly shit don't do it, even if you suck all the oil out of the motor untill it's dry about 2 cups of oil will still drain out of it into your hull and you'll have a hell of a time cleaning it up. By the time you remove the engine mount you may as well just take out the other 2 mounts and remove the wiring harness. Get a buddy to help you lift the motor out no need for an engine lift or anything. Sit the engine on a bench and have at it!

+1
    Don't remove your motor mounts unless you want to align your motor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Don't remove your motor mounts unless you want to align your motor.
    I'd say aligning the engine would be easier than cleaning up the shit show that would insue after cracking the pto off the engine inside the hull hahaI look at is as killing two birds at once, get the bolts in there and fix the factory alignment while you're at it cuz it's usually fucked

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by connorrxp View Post
    I'd say aligning the engine would be easier than cleaning up the shit show that would insue after cracking the pto off the engine inside the hull hahaI look at is as killing two birds at once, get the bolts in there and fix the factory alignment while you're at it cuz it's usually fucked
    Both my 300s get almost zero water in them unlike every 260 I've had. I think partially do to the bigger hat.

Yah i,would just unbolt the motor from the mounts and just pull the motor...it's easy and way easier to work on. Your alignment shouldn't change based on the several times I've done it. But i always check the alignment before and after I pull the motor so I know nothing has changed.

+1
    Thanks guys. I get zero water in my hull even when it sits in the lake overnight. I can do thru hull while its out. Just wanted to get some input before its time for stage 3. If I wait it will be back at stage 0.

+1
    i have done a few 260 flywheel bolts without spilling any oil in bilge, just suck the most oil you can, drop the font trailer down to the ground and raise the back of the ski with a jack to have the rear up, put a big rag under the engine and take pto cover off, you may loose a coupe of oil drops, that's all.

+1
    A few layered sheets of "pig mat" under the engine will soak up any oil drippings from PTO cover removal.

https://www.amazon.com/New-Pig-Unive.../dp/B004I665XS

+1
    Cryille what happen to mine then? Lol it must have rained that day and oil must have been falling from sky......

I just left that in there and next time I took it out it disappeared it was like a magic trick

Thread Information