Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cam questions

Cam questions

Hey guys I have a 07 rxp with a 9500 rpm ecu and the supporting mods has anyone used Schinder stage 3 cam? Also I've never done a cam install on these engines how difficult is it

I run the Schneider stage3 " turbo" grind . Works well but I don't recommend it for anyone who can't edit the tune like vtech or motec . My ski after installing the cam wouldn't idle . The afrs were in the 9s . I had to pull 25 percent fuel between 1700-2000 rpm . GReg runs the stage 2 blower cam and has good luck.

+1
    Don't forget about Chris at eastside. He has cams that are very good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmorningstar_rxp View Post
    Don't forget about Chris at eastside. He has cams that are very good as well.
    All chris cams are plug and play with no bs , so you can't go wrong with his cams . I'm a Jew so I got the cheap schnieder cam

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneRXT View Post
    All chris cams are plug and play with no bs , so you can't go wrong with his cams . I'm a Jew so I got the cheap schnieder cam
    Chris cam is a proven setup , I went with schnider for the same reason , but I had no issues with fueling and for me was a great bank for the buck , but I also have mapeditor if I did have a issue , I saw between 350-400 rpm if I remember correctly , I think I posted in a thread somewhere on here . Cam was a stage 2 , but the intake lift was .425 not the advertised .416 .

Yeah a few of my friends have Chris's cam it's great I was just trying to be different anyone use the stage 3

+1
    My stage2 cam idle is also way off, just did a test start up the other day and it surges from 1800 to 2500 RPM over and over, but man does it sound mean!

I haven't looked at AFR yet but since I have vtech and can adjust I'm not worried

Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    My stage2 cam idle is also way off, just did a test start up the other day and it surges from 1800 to 2500 RPM over and over, but man does it sound mean!

I haven't looked at AFR yet but since I have vtech and can adjust I'm not worried
    It will run alittle more rough when it's cold and smoothen out when it warms up . But the choppy idle sounds badass I love it

11. +1 by:

And both of you are running the stage 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information