Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2016 vxr impeller and tune advice

Current mods are thru hull, ribbon delete, jims plate, worx trim adjustment, power filter. Now looking at tunes and impellers and I need advice. I would really enjoy to hit a solid 70mph or higher which is tuff but I've seen it done by a few people. Any advice would be great

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Current mods are thru hull, ribbon delete, jims plate, worx trim adjustment, power filter. Now looking at tunes and impellers and I need advice. I would really enjoy to hit a solid 70mph or higher which is tuff but I've seen it done by a few people. Any advice would be great

What are you currently hitting with those mods?

+1
    bump

Bump

+1
    For the tune go with either the MaptunerX tune or R&D R3

RIVA V-Tech Maptuner X Tuning Bundle Pack For 1.8L Yamaha Waverunners

This Bundle Pack comes complete with everything you need to tune your 2009 and newer Yamaha Waverunner skis. You will receive the V-Tech Maptuner X...
    Map X Yamaha bundle pack $1,049.85 $944.00
    10% discount

R & D Yamaha VXR/VXS R3 ECU Reflash

Reprogrammed ECU for the VXR/VXS offers a higher degree of ignition timing map advancements that produce quicker acceleration and top speed...
    802-02803 $749.95
    Sale: $674.96
    10% discount

For impeller go with the Skat Trak 11/15

Skat-Trak Yamaha 11/15 Swirl impeller

This is the new and improved Skat Trak impeller with splined front snout. Will require the new Skat Trak splined impeller tool with part number...
    E-75-25 155mm Swirl 11/15 $369.95

+1
    With the Maptuner X you've listed, I still need to get a tuning license and tuning cable, correct? It's nice that it saves the factory tune if you ever need to go back.

+1

Thumbs up

Once you got the MaptunerX you can use it for other vehicles too. If you have more than one skii or if you want to help a friend to tune his vehicle. You just need to buy the hardware once but you need a license for each vehicle.

If you buy a license from RIVA or VTECH you get access to all official tunes for your vehicle.

1. Access to all official tunes from your supplier. If you upgrade your ski later you already got the tuning files in your MaptunerX.
    2. You can change software in 2 minutes.
    3. If you need special assistance for some reason. We can upload a special file and you get access to the new file in seconds. No need to send ECU back to tuning supplier.
    4. Read/clear error codes - not for yamaha
    5. Reset throttle - not for yamaha

Soon there will be alot more functions/Apps available for the MaptunerX

Or you send your ECU to RIVA to get it reflashed for 599.99
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...c3vmsrkuefmmq5

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Erierunner View Post
    With the Maptuner X you've listed, I still need to get a tuning license and tuning cable, correct? It's nice that it saves the factory tune if you ever need to go back.

What I linked you to is the MaptunerX tuning bundle package. It consists of the MaptunerX, one tuning license and the tuning cable

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    What I linked you to is the MaptunerX tuning bundle package. It consists of the MaptunerX, one tuning license and the tuning cable
    It says it only supply's the cable and software. So you still do need to buy it correct? The one that comes with everything is the 900 bucks one I believe? Any inside on what the vxr are seeing in top speed with the 15-up hull?

+1
    It says it only supply's the cable and software. So you still do need to buy it correct? The one that comes with everything is the 900 bucks one I believe? Any inside on what the vxr are seeing in top speed with the 15-up hull?

You are correct, I previously put the wrong link. Sorry about that!
    I have corrected it above.

Most guys with the 15+ hull see 72 mph with the reflash, impeller, air intake and ribbon delete

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information