Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2006 RXT 215 4" Kanaflex Air Intake Instalation

Can anyone comment or send a link for installation instructions, having trouble finding them. I removed the stock Air intake from the SC up to the stock airbox on the side of the fuel tank and pulled it all out. Not sure if I am supposed to remove all of it up next to and around the fuel tank? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

+1
    Yeah take it all out, remove tank staps and take out the big rectangular air box and you will have to take the round air feed out that comes from under the seat in order to pull the air box out, zip tie the kanaflex to the steering bracket

Can I get to it from the front through the wall where the fire extinguisher is?

+1
    I just left the air box in there. Looked like too much of a hassle to get it out.

5. +1 by:

+1
    There are pros & cons to taking it out but I would leave it in. If you take it out you will likely have to remove the whole interior of the front compartment of your ski. Then you will likely have loose gas tank straps to deal with. Some tie knots in them to make up the difference but I think that is shitty. The air box doesn't weigh enough in my opinion to make a difference. There is plenty of room for the Kanaflex without removing it. On top of that you will have to re-locate the rectifier & mount it somewhere. It can be done & done neatly but it is a lot of trouble for little reward. Just my 2 cents. RR

+1
    ^^I agree. That is why I didn't bother with it. The amount of work and the cons far outweigh the pros.

Isn't the point of doing the 4" mod to get more air into the SC? Isn't it better if you get it close to the opening under the steering column? With the stock tube left in it will send the air under the seat

9. +1 by:

+1
    You remove the stock tube but leave the air box in. The Kanaflex will rest on top of the air box just under the steering support near the rectifier.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Leave the box in. The oem air box will hold the filter up higher which help eliminate the chance of water being sucked in. Get a big heavy duty zip tie to secure it to the straps.

+1
    Right that's another thing, if you remove the air box you have to re locate the rectifier, I took it out cuz it cleaned up the hull a bit, personal preference I guess

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information