Vxr or fxho endurance ski

Ok so I'm looking at naturally aspirated endurance skis for offshore use, I see in the aquax most people use the vxr, what's people's thoughts on the vxr vs the fxho? Is there much speed difference? What's hookup and drive like between the 2 boats?
    thanks guys.

+1
    VXR corners tighter and is slightly quicker accelerating. FXHO handles chop and big swells better because it is longer and is slightly heavier. Top speed is very close with VXR having an edge on smooth water. The FXHO can be a bit faster in chop because the extra length hooks up better. You also get the cruise assist on the FXHO that works a bit like cruise control to set a constant speed while holding the throttle trigger all the way in, keeps your fingers, hand and wrist from getting tired too. Fuel capacity is the same, same 1.8 liter motors on both, FXHO has more storage. FXHO has a tilt steering column adjustment (raise & lower to fit the driver). FXHO has NoWake mode (press a button and it automatically runs through no wake zones at 3 MPH. Both have fold down reboarding steps

+1
    can re maped ecu be brought for either machine to bring the power up a bit, any set up tips for off shore ride plate, intake, exhaust, air filter, prop etc.

I'd rather be jet skiing Saltwater n Premix's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev273 View Post
    can re maped ecu be brought for either machine to bring the power up a bit, any set up tips for off shore ride plate, intake, exhaust, air filter, prop etc.
    Yes both can be reflashed for more power

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev273 View Post
    Ribbon delete and intake breather upgrades are the same items for both. There are aftermarket exhaust options for both. The prop upgrade options may differ a bit as the FX is a heavier/longer ski. Ask Greenhulk about the prop options.

I have a gp1800 at the moment which is same hull as vxr it's quite a flighty hard ride in the rough but I'm wondering if the vxr with less power would be a lot different, or whether the fx would give us the better average speed.
    Last edited by K447; 02-13-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmymajic View Post
    I have a gp1800 ... it's quite a flighty hard ride in the rough ...
    Are you using any aftermarket items that would improve the ride or jet pump hook up on rough water?

Ride Plate, Intake grate, impeller, lucky 13 cone?

Yes I tried the worx grate and plate but to be honest I wasn't that impressed, the grate definatly improves hookup but it's still no Kawasaki, I wasn't to impressed with the worx plate, it's 3 inches longer than stock and I feel it's to long, I have just made my own grate and modified the stock plate which I am hoping to try this week.
    i only ride ocean. Last time out was 1m-2m and I got battered.

Thread Information