Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

New Waverunner Prices...

I usually go with Kawasaki Jetskis, but was thinking about one of the new Waverunners Yamaha has.. Did anyone else notice the recent prices on the Yamaha motors site!!!

I am sure the Doos are close but had no interest in looking, but damn prices are out of control..

+1
    Same with side by sides and every other motorsport item.
    They're pricing people out of the water market, hence the Spark's popularity.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
    I usually go with Kawasaki Jetskis, but was thinking about one of the new Waverunners Yamaha has.. Did anyone else notice the recent prices on the Yamaha motors site!!!

I am sure the Doos are close but had no interest in looking, but damn prices are out of control..
    Msrp has not changed much at all.

4. +1 by:

+1

The way you defeat this is by refusing to buy in the current model year. Just let them sit on the dealer's floor for a year and gather dust. Then you go back next season and find a zero-hour machine for a big discount. We have saved thousands doing this.

Many Yamahas also have a full five year extended warranty, so you can also get a pre-owned model with full factory warranty. We have also saved thousands doing that.

What I'm saying is, there are ways to get a great ski without bending over and getting nailed on the latest model. Anyway, hope it works out for you.

+1
    I apologize for this post, here is what had happened.... I was at work with their restrictive internet and I was using an encrypted VPN as to avoid me being tracked, and my IP was coming from Canada. When I went to Yamaha's site it was showing the GP1800 to be 20k because the site defaulted to it's respective country..

With that said, everything is so damned expensive... I can't understand how anyone could spend 60k+ on a 1/2 ton pickup truck, and have it be a disposable item 5-8 years later, or be way upside down on the loan. PWC are way up there however you are right, I always wait for those end of season deals on the Kawasakis I get. I got my Ultra300x in 2014 for 5k off MSRP because it was a new leftover 2012, and the dealer couldn't get rid of it. So that's sound advice..

+1
    I apologize for this post, here is what had happened.... I was at work with their restrictive internet and I was using an encrypted VPN as to avoid me being tracked, and my IP was coming from Canada. When I went to Yamaha's site it was showing the GP1800 to be 20k because the site defaulted to it's respective country..

With that said, everything is so damned expensive... I can't understand how anyone could spend 60k+ on a 1/2 ton pickup truck, and have it be a disposable item 5-8 years later, or be way upside down on the loan. PWC are way up there however you are right, I always wait for those end of season deals on the Kawasakis I get. I got my Ultra300x in 2014 for 5k off MSRP because it was a new leftover 2012, and the dealer couldn't get rid of it. So that's sound advice..
    ha ha...that's funny!

A few few things I have noticed over the years. Kawi models with SC don't sell and their resale is the worst of any ski. It's not uncommon to find 2 and three year old left overs heavily discounted. You just don't see this nearly as much with Yam and SD.

The one one exception is the venerable 15F. One of the highest resale of any model out there.

+1
    Very true. Unfortunately they are the least popular however if you want a deal, be patient and you'll save thousands. They really need to step up their game on advertising.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    The way you defeat this is by refusing to buy in the current model year. Just let them sit on the dealer's floor for a year and gather dust. Then you go back next season and find a zero-hour machine for a big discount. We have saved thousands doing this.

Many Yamahas also have a full five year extended warranty, so you can also get a pre-owned model with full factory warranty. We have also saved thousands doing that.

What I'm saying is, there are ways to get a great ski without bending over and getting nailed on the latest model. Anyway, hope it works out for you.
    So true, I bought my 2012 in Sept of 2012 for thousands off floor price. It can also pay to shop around and make a long drive out of your region, that's how I saved a lot on my SxS. But for the guy who's "gotta have it now", he'll pay through the nose.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    So true, I bought my 2012 in Sept of 2012 for thousands off floor price. It can also pay to shop around and make a long drive out of your region, that's how I saved a lot on my SxS. But for the guy who's "gotta have it now", he'll pay through the nose.
    The environment was very different in 2012 and the boat market has gotten much stronger, though, I would generally agree with your comments.

As someone who bought a 2016 machine last year and a 2017 this year, I can tell you that left overs are harder to find and when I do, the discounts are nkt as agressive. In some cases I have seen models flr heavily discounted but they were demo units used by the police....not appealing to me.

+1
    I just bought a 17 rxp 300 but only cause all the dealers Here sold out of 16s. But my 08 rxp was a left over from the states and at the time the dollar was even with the US dollar, paid 8300 canadian including tax.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information