Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

how to hole shot an rxp 215 on a gp1300r?

Hey everyone i know the holeshot or should i say "lack of holeshot" on the gp1300's have been talked about before many times, but what would be involved in getting these things out of the hole as quick as say a rxp? is it as simple as sealing the pump shoe upgrading the grate and upgrading the impeller to a 13/19? or would it be a little more involved?

Leo's & jet works Holeshot kits as well

African-American
    +1
    As a minimum you will need an HO pump, GP1200R intake grate, jetworks, leos holeshot kit or extended trimtabs. And a de-pitched impeller. (13/19 dynafly from a 14/20)

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Gabagool984 View Post
    Leo's & jet works Holeshot kits as well
    Ok, Is there a BIG difference after installing the Jetworks? i have been doing a bit of reading up about it and its recommended that if you spend a fair bit of time in no wake zones you could over heat?

+1
    From what I have gathered from reading if you blip your throttle occasionally to allow water to flow into the waterbox to help cool it. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

African-American
    +1
    Only ever used it with free flow. As per above I blip the throttle occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Only ever used it with free flow. As per above I blip the throttle occasionally.
    spaceman would you say there are significant gains installing the jetworks kit? im having trouble imagining what it actually does? when i squeeze the throttle i haven't really noticed to much hesitation?

Quote Originally Posted by gprjoel View Post
    spaceman would you say there are significant gains installing the jetworks kit? im having trouble imagining what it actually does? when i squeeze the throttle i haven't really noticed to much hesitation?
    Def significant gains. Most of the power in the GPR from idle to 4000rpms goes towards clearing the insane amount of water it flows into the Waterbox. Holeshot kit keeps it cleared.

African-American
    +1
    Hugs gains.
    Only way to explain it.. when you hit the 4000rpm mark it feels like the ski changes gear.

Just make sure you have a sealed pumpshoe. I had allot of cavitation issues after I did the jetworks mod

Sounds like it should be done.. i only ever ride in salt water is flushing the ski out a problem?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information