+1

SVHO cold climate storage help?

I'm taking position of my new GP1800 next Thursday and it will require the dealer to PDI the unit. I'm hoping that before I take final position they put it back in hibernation for me till the spring. My biggest concern is freezing and want to know how to add antifreeze to the cooling system on these SVHO engines. I've did a search and from what I can gather the engine self drains anyway for the most part other than the exhaust? Can someone explain to me how to add antifreeze if this is even necessary?

Thanks in Advance.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    The dealer will probably not put your machine in water for the PDI. I don't know whether the PDI process even requires a garden hose water feed for brief engine test runs, so there may not be any water in the machine to freeze?

Ask the dealer (or their service desk) whether there is any freeze concern. They should know it is not going to be ridden for a while and should provide it to you in the correct state for further storage.

If they put fuel in the tank, ask that it be ethanol free premium grade and add fuel stabilizer.

Where in Canada are you located? Add your location using the My Profile button, top right corner of the GH web site.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The dealer will probably not put your machine in water for the PDI. I don't know whether the PDI process even requires a garden hose water feed for brief engine test runs, so there may not be any water in the machine to freeze?

Ask the dealer (or their service desk) whether there is any freeze concern. They should know it is not going to be ridden for a while and should provide it to you in the correct state for further storage.

If they put fuel in the tank, ask that it be ethanol free premium grade and add fuel stabilizer.

Where in Canada are you located? Add your location using the My Profile button, top right corner of the GH web site.
    Yea there is no way to get the machine in the Water here the lake is frozen now so I wasn't sure if they need to PDI the machine on using a garden hose. None of our fuel here has Ethanol in the fuel in Newfoundland, Canada even our Supreme fuel is far from great. During the winter I have to purchase fuel from a service station that moves high volumes of fuel to ensure my Snowmobiles have the best fuel available.

How would you add antifreeze to an SVHO engine? I know my old RXP I would remove a hose from the Intercooler.

+1
    It does self drain and I know this because I've had the cooling system completely apart to do mods. I never seen a drop of water but for added precaution I've always hooked a drill pump up to the flush connection with rv antifreeze, started the ski and pumped rv antifreeze through the system. Be sure to pinch the hose off between the y connector and jet pump. This prevents the antifreeze from bypassing the engine and draining out the jet pump.

Thread Information